GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Denny's Tornado Red GTI

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
what adhesive should I use?

to put the stock one back on? silicone maybe?

Haha, its not going there like that. Its gonna be put on a trailer, like the ones that show up at dealerships. I wish I couldve gone enclosed, but its literally double the price, and I'm shipping a 2nd car.

considering most people drive their car when they move or haul it behind a U-Haul, I'd say you're doing a good job with it.

BonJovic

Ready to race!
So I did some minor changes to my front end. I removed the front plate and inserted some plugs into the holes on the bumper. Painted them with TR paint as well as a coat of clearcoat. In pictures and from far away you really cant tell. It isnt until you get up close that you really notice. I didnt bother dealing with the 2 small holes since its minor anyway, and I could end up making it look alot worse.

I also got rid of the red "GTI" badge on the front, and went with a black pasti-dip look. I'll see if this grows on me or not.

I also added another sticker. If you know what logo this is, you are awesome.

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Looking good, TR brother!

Did you end up not liking the color match on the vinyl I sent? On my car it's a tiny bit darker but I still liked it more than the plugs I had in.

BonJovic

Ready to race!
Minor update to the car. I ordered the Höen Xenonmatch H8 Foglight Bulbs and installed them. I love the clean look it gives. Its a little bright, but definitely matches.

Muskie

Go Kart Champion
They do mach great, but they do tend to fade after a while. The color sort of burns off. Still much better than a yellowish standard halogen

BonJovic

Ready to race!
They do mach great, but they do tend to fade after a while. The color sort of burns off. Still much better than a yellowish standard halogen

Interesting, didnt know that. But at the end of the day, its only like 40 bucks, so its easy to replace. The sad part is I havent driven at night yet since I've installed them, so I'm curious how much brighter itll be.

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
Interesting, didnt know that. But at the end of the day, its only like 40 bucks, so its easy to replace. The sad part is I havent driven at night yet since I've installed them, so I'm curious how much brighter itll be.

Exactly what I was thinking. for $40 if they last 6months to a year, that will be worth it. They look good.

DSG_Fart

Nice looking car! I'll have to keep an eye out for it :)

I just got my mk6 two weeks ago, so I've been scouring the boards for ideas.

where abouts in OC are you?