GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Did anyone buy an extended warranty?

jd21476

Passed Driver's Ed
I bought my 2012 TDI but did not buy the extended warranty. reason beuing, when I bought my wifes Honda Odyssey a few years ago, I did not buy the extended warranty from the dealer either. I went onto the Honda Odyssey foruma nd found out there was a dealer ont eh east coast selling the same 8 year 120k warranty for $2k less than my dealer.

That being said, does anyone know a good dealer pricing on an extended warranty for my 2012 TDI?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
extended for how long? Most aftermarket warranties aren't all that great.

Storch

Go Kart Champion
I bought my 2012 TDI but did not buy the extended warranty. reason beuing, when I bought my wifes Honda Odyssey a few years ago, I did not buy the extended warranty from the dealer either. I went onto the Honda Odyssey foruma nd found out there was a dealer ont eh east coast selling the same 8 year 120k warranty for $2k less than my dealer.

That being said, does anyone know a good dealer pricing on an extended warranty for my 2012 TDI?

firstly what mileage / year parameters are you looking for and are you looking for an aftermarket warranty (warranty solutions, warrantech, etc) or a vw one? keep in mind vw's warranty is through fidelity and doesnt cover some electronics such as air bag sensors. i just picked up my gti and a 6 yr / 60k extended warranty (starts at 36k miles) was $1000 but I went with the warranty solutions one that covers everything i.e 5 star coverage

jd21476

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm not sure. The one I got from Honda for my Odyssey was an 8 year 120k factory warranty for $1800. This was i '06 and the car is approaching 120k right now.

For my VW, I'm not sure what is available and what is best

rmchung

Ready to race!
I got the one VW offered me. Extends factory warranty to 7/100. Deductible is waived if I take it to the dealership I purchased vehicle at; which is ok for me since I already take it there anyway. If I don't make any warranty claims during the extended period, I get the cost of the warranty back less $50.

jd21476

Passed Driver's Ed
I got the one VW offered me. Extends factory warranty to 7/100. Deductible is waived if I take it to the dealership I purchased vehicle at; which is ok for me since I already take it there anyway. If I don't make any warranty claims during the extended period, I get the cost of the warranty back less $50.

That sounds real good. What dealer did you buy it from?

I also bought the extended warranty from the dealer... I think it's fairly standard these days, and they pushed it HARD. I might have gotten ripped off, but was "sold" enough that I thought I got a good deal.

Starting offer was 10% of purchase price (2500-3000 for most people). When we said we weren't interested he "gave" us the money-back feature, which was supposedly $500 more usually.

We still didn't bite but then he took $250 off and eventually $500, so I think we ended up paying about $2,100 in total. This is a lot, but the refund potential makes it worth it, IMO. If we don't need a major repair we will just pay out of pocket during the extension period.

Irontree

I got mine thru USAA and it was 1100 with zero deductable.
It also comes with free road side and if you break down away from home they pay for a hotel.
5 year or 100k. Which ever comes first.

jd21476

Passed Driver's Ed
I got mine thru USAA and it was 1100 with zero deductable.
It also comes with free road side and if you break down away from home they pay for a hotel.
5 year or 100k. Which ever comes first.

I'll have to check USAA. I didnt know they did warranties.

Timster13

I went with the extended warranty through my VW dealership. I don't remember how much I paid exactly but it wasn't much for the peace of mind in case anything did happen.