GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Did you file your taxes already?

GOBbluth

Ready to race!
Don't know if it was mentioned, but for those of you who don't "have a guy" the turbo tax iPhone app is remarkable.

Snap a picture. Double check it. Pay the 25 bucks thru your phone bill.

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
Just like most jobs that are difficult to do. Accounting or more specifically tax accounting is a specialized field. If you make the tax code easy to understand then anyone with little education and training can do the job. Which in turn would lower the salary of tax accountants.

yeah, nothing personal but, I think I'm just fine with that.

SuPeR GTi

Go Kart Champion
yeah at the 65-75 bucks i pay, its worth every penny imo.

Damn! $65 bucks is a good deal if your tax accountant is a CPA. We bill out are interns at 3 times that rate. :rolleyes:

yea 65$ and i give her a 5$ tip lol. i believe she is cpa as well. i know many big time shop owners around the area go to this lady, but the charge would prob be different the more complicated it gets.

McQueen77

Banned
More than half of our income is 1099 and our tax scene is complicated and we get to write off many things a lot of people can't write off. Have a really legit accountant who has done our scene for 5 years and she is an ace. Costs us $250 to file jointly.. We owed a little last year and rarely get a refund since we have so many write offs. Meals, entertainment, home office/rent portion, anything related to the music income, gear, 'research' etc. etc. etc. It would disgust some people to know how little income tax we actually end up paying when all is said and done.

The flip side to this is that, without a MASSIVE lump sum of cash, it makes it very difficult for 1099 borrowers to qualify for a home loan. With 1099 they look at your adjusted gross after all the write offs.. Once our accountant told us something to the effect of: "do you want money or do you want a house?" So its either, pay taxes on all that income, thousands and thousands of dollars and show a higher adjusted gross, or keep writing off a grip of stuff.. thats a very oversimplified explanation. Its just annoying when lenders say 'you only made x amount' when in reality you made much much more than that.

Before we were married, I went through an accountant via our old business mgr. we knew via Interscope. This woman did Dr. Dre, Eminem, etc.. and charged a ton to do our taxes but god could she make magic happen.. Our band had an LLC and she played pretty fast and dirty but it worked.

For a while my w2 scene has helped make up for all the 1099 income, but its starting to lean more towards 1099 majority now, so i'm hoping the child tax credit and baby will help when we file in '14.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
yeah, nothing personal but, I think I'm just fine with that.

He will only protect the jobs of the job creators or high wage earners and nothing more.. this is fairly standard for the majority of republican's that make less than $60K/year.

If you were a doctor, he'd be on the opposite end of things, instead of just going to a true actual capitalistic society, where any profession at any time can go to the wayside based on several different legal and societal factors.

GOTTA PROTECT DEM RICH PEOPLE.

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
He will only protect the jobs of the job creators or high wage earners and nothing more.. this is fairly standard for the majority of republican's that make less than $60K/year.

If you were a doctor, he'd be on the opposite end of things, instead of just going to a true actual capitalistic society, where any profession at any time can go to the wayside based on several different legal and societal factors.

GOTTA PROTECT DEM RICH PEOPLE.

I make less than 60k a year and use a tax accountant to get as much of my money back as I can. The fact that I have to do that is absurd.

you forgot "old" and "white" with rich people.... :rolleyes:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I make less than 60k a year and use a tax accountant to get as much of my money back as I can. The fact that I have to do that is absurd.

you forgot "old" and "white" with rich people.... :rolleyes:

I didn't forget them, I'm just too busy blaming "black" and "yellow" people for all our problems.

Once again tho, missed point is missed. I was talking about you saying you were fine with dudeguy's job going away. $60 or whatever you paid for tax preparation is nothing, btw. Since you have no kids and no mortgage, etc, you could probably do your taxes just fine by yourself and/or online via a service for less.

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
I didn't forget them, I'm just too busy blaming "black" and "yellow" people for all our problems.

Once again tho, missed point is missed. I was talking about you saying you were fine with dudeguy's job going away. $60 or whatever you paid for tax preparation is nothing, btw. Since you have no kids and no mortgage, etc, you could probably do your taxes just fine by yourself and/or online via a service for less.

:smh:

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
I hate tax season. Paid the gov't over 20k this year in taxes and will be paying more when I file. Contemplating getting the license plate "FU IRS". I love living in Taxachusettes.

El_Paisa_MK6

Passed Driver's Ed
Amen to being single.. Filed with TurboTax on my iPad Mini payed $25 buckaroos and got my return in 17 days!

Got a quick $1600 to tune my sexy b***h

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
Well it's a good thing all of our tax dollars are spent responsibly by the Feds or we'd actually have something to complain about. <3 Big Government

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
my cali refund is already deposited and my fed should be here in a couple more days. $5080 total, half is mine for a car fund.

Dubvee

Go Kart Champion
There's free online tax filing for all you poor people making less than 57k that voted for Romney. And I don't think you have to file if you're one of the 47 percent leeches who voted for Obama. Hopefully I'm doing this right.

reelknead1

Go Kart Champion
my cali refund is already deposited and my fed should be here in a couple more days. $5080 total, half is mine for a car fund.

That's a nice fat refund but if you adjusted your withholding's to more accurately reflect your income minus your adjustments and credits. You wouldn't be getting anything back at the end of the year but you'd have more monthly income to spend on that BMW lease you were talking about.

I know most people don't like to owe money or get very little back at the end of the year but it's like giving the government a interest free loan. Just got to weigh the options. :23: