GOLFMKV

DIY LED licence plate lights

mattyICED

Ready to race!
Got this set from PYSpeed. :thumbsup:

Heres what the box looks like

Everything out of the box

So lets get started..

Push in the clip on the side to release the light housing from the bumper.

It should look like this. Pull it out some to be able to see the connector

Now on the connector push the tab in the opposite direction of the housing

Now grab a ballast and connector harness for the new LEDs. They connect like this..

Once you get that squared away connect the new harness to the connector on the vehicle.

Ziptie your wires however you see fit

Gently slide connector and ballast through the opening and clip in the new housing.

And simply repeat for the other side!

Here is the difference..

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Imho, I wouldn't want my lights that bright. Is there any output adjustment to that kit?

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Imho, I wouldn't want my lights that bright. Is there any output adjustment to that kit?

They are bright, but they look very nice in person. PIAA extreme white halogen bulbs are a good option if you want something less bright. You can get them for about $15 on amazon.

Nice write up matty.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
They are bright, but they look very nice in person. PIAA extreme white halogen bulbs are a good option if you want something less bright. You can get them for about $15 on amazon.

Nice write up matty.

Or apply some lamn-x tint, maybe. Then I might worry about he buildup of heat, though - do these Leds get warm around the lens?

mattyICED

Ready to race!

Nice write up matty.

Thanks!

Or apply some lamn-x tint, maybe. Then I might worry about he buildup of heat, though - do these Leds get warm around the lens?

I'm not too sure. I'll test it out tomorrow

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion

Leds don't generate much heat. you would be fine putting some laminx on them. Although, like I said PIAAs would be a better option, they are only $15 vs $50 for the rdash lights .

Premium1mk6

Where is the hook up for the other side of the wire harnes . My lights are out and the warning is shown on the HUD. But today I notice being my rear passenger wheel a wire harness is unplugged