GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY: Tiguan Pipe Install & Noise Maker Delete

gregsju29

Go Kart Champion
is it correct that only the 2010's have a noise pipe? I looked on my '12 and couldn't seem to locate it. With the k04 upgrade, and the catted and resonated UR downpipe, I hear nothing but my turbo spooling. It's a great sound, but when I'm on the highway, which i do a lot of highway driving, even at 10% throttle you hear the turbo spooling. I'm trying to get rid of that if possible, but can't figure out if I can!

P

plac

is it correct that only the 2010's have a noise pipe? I looked on my '12 and couldn't seem to locate it. With the k04 upgrade, and the catted and resonated UR downpipe, I hear nothing but my turbo spooling. It's a great sound, but when I'm on the highway, which i do a lot of highway driving, even at 10% throttle you hear the turbo spooling. I'm trying to get rid of that if possible, but can't figure out if I can!

2010's and older. you don't want to hear spooling.. you shouldn't have went KO4. I'd die to hear some spooling.

Talguy

Go Kart Champion
Sorry to revive this thread.

This was a great DIY and thanks for posting it. I have a few questions about the tiguan pipe. So I bought the noise maker delete kit from ECS and the install went very smoothly until I when to bolt the pipe back onto the engine pipe. This is when I noticed that the arms have changed in length. Has anyone had this problem and how did you solve it. Did VW revise the pipe so that it doesn't fit perfectly in the GTI's anymore?

P

plac

never heard of that problem ever. so pics. no lengths have changed at least thru 2010. unless ECS's kit is wrong.

Talguy

Go Kart Champion
never heard of that problem ever. so pics. no lengths have changed at least thru 2010. unless ECS's kit is wrong.

Yea I'll try to get pictures of it in my engine bay and may try pulling it to get comparison pictures with the stock noise pipe.

I'll be giving ECS a call around lunch today

hrdboiled

Passed Driver's Ed
Yea I'll try to get pictures of it in my engine bay and may try pulling it to get comparison pictures with the stock noise pipe.

I'll be giving ECS a call around lunch today

Did you ever get this taken care of? same thing happened to me. I ordered from ecs. followed the diy then went to install the new pipe and the mounting holes don't line up. Well, I looked at the plastic wrapper that the pipe came in and there are 2 stickers on there. looks like the "official" vag sticker has part # 1K0 145 77 K. the other has sticker # 1K0 145 77 AH. will be giving ECS a call tomorrow.

Also, something a bit more alarming- when I pulled the oem pipe from the intercooler hose there was some oil or oil like substance that leaked onto the floor. when I went to swap the sensor it looked like there was a coat of oil on it also. it definitely was not dry. I am assuming that is not normal. any ideas of what's going on and what to check?

P

plac

Also, something a bit more alarming- when I pulled the oem pipe from the intercooler hose there was some oil or oil like substance that leaked onto the floor. when I went to swap the sensor it looked like there was a coat of oil on it also. it definitely was not dry. I am assuming that is not normal. any ideas of what's going on and what to check?

thats normal.

Talguy

Go Kart Champion
Did you ever get this taken care of? same thing happened to me. I ordered from ecs. followed the diy then went to install the new pipe and the mounting holes don't line up. Well, I looked at the plastic wrapper that the pipe came in and there are 2 stickers on there. looks like the "official" vag sticker has part # 1K0 145 77 K. the other has sticker # 1K0 145 77 AH. will be giving ECS a call tomorrow.

I have been in constant contact with ECS. They pissed me off a little bit by placing me on hold for 10 mins and then not responding to a voice mail I left them for a week. They got a nice long nasty email from me, thats when I finally got some help. This issue still has not been resolved due to them wait for me to pull the pipe and take pictures of the part numbers on it. From what I can count right now staring at the picture there are 11 part numbers listed on the body of the pipe. I threw out the bag it came with so I wasn't able to check what the sticker said.

Can't upload my pictures right now since I'm at work but will try to when I get home.

I too had oil in my pipe and I hear its kind of normal. I believe a catch can will help resolve that issue. I don't think it is a major problem but I let other people comment to that.

hrdboiled

Passed Driver's Ed

Last edited:

Talguy

Go Kart Champion
Looks like the same exact fitments as mine

FasDarken

Ready to race!
I ordered mine from ecs a couple weeks ago. From what I can tell it looked like an OEM one you would get from the dealer. It was a tight fit on the lowest mounting hole, but everything fit fine other than that.

P

plac

i see how you guys say it doesnt fit.. but are you sure its fully seated in top hose? thats just about the length its off.

hrdboiled

Passed Driver's Ed
i see how you guys say it doesnt fit.. but are you sure its fully seated in top hose? thats just about the length its off.

that's what I thought, so i loosened the clamp and pushed the pipe up, it was definitely all the way in. I was pushing so hard to get the mounting points to line up that the hose started crimping.

I spoke with ecs customer service and told the guy that the 1k0145770k that I received is for the fsi not tsi. he stated that 5 other people have called about the same issue. I then got the standard "we will email you when we figure it out." didn't I just tell him how to figure it out?

P

plac

that's what I thought, so i loosened the clamp and pushed the pipe up, it was definitely all the way in. I was pushing so hard to get the mounting points to line up that the hose started crimping.

I spoke with ecs customer service and told the guy that the 1k0145770k that I received is for the fsi not tsi. he stated that 5 other people have called about the same issue. I then got the standard "we will email you when we figure it out." didn't I just tell him how to figure it out?

i avoid ECS as much as possible. You can find it a lot of other places, and probably cheaper.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
i avoid ECS as much as possible. You can find it a lot of other places, and probably cheaper.

Agreed. Their shipping is asinine AND their credit card system was hacked. I got frauded $480 because of it.