GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY Vinyl Wrap

2lazy4agoodname

Ready to race!
Got bored with the storm trooper color scheme I had done on my Candy White GTI and decided to change things up a bit with a Vinyl Wrap. Called around to my local shops and they all wanted $2500+ so decided to try it out. Found the vinyl and supplies online for a modest $500 total. With little wrapping experience and some patience a good buddy and I began the project.

Color Scheme -
Body - Matte Military Green 3M
Roof - Metallic Black

Let the tear down Begin..

Starting on some small parts..

Starting the car..

That took about 3 hours to get to that point. Will continue to update with pics each day..

twodotfive

Ready to race!
Looking good! Can't wait to see it finished! :thumbsup:

2lazy4agoodname

Ready to race!
Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

callmegti

Go Kart Champion
i love it! i always wanted to make my car like a dark green. I was thinking plastidipping it camo green or vinyl. I am definitely following this thread.

Kyle805

Ready to race!
Great color choice, not too shabby for only 3 hours too. In for the final outcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Damn, this is going to look sick! Get a decent camera on that thing!

butchered by autocorrecr

2lazy4agoodname

Ready to race!
Yea the next pics will be with my dslr. I always forget about it for progress pics..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

mikeleemk6

Go Kart Champion
Damn. That looks amazing man. To bad your not in FL because I would def be hitting you up to do this for me. :)

JhnR

Banned
Nice man, looks good.

2lazy4agoodname

Ready to race!
Had limited time today but managed to bang out the door and handle.

Hope these pics show the color better.

2lazy4agoodname

Ready to race!
Damn. That looks amazing man. To bad your not in FL because I would def be hitting you up to do this for me. :)

haha i get why shops charge so much now. The labor is so pretty intense. Def need a ton of patience..

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Yeah. Awesome color. Looks great with dem ramz. You should do racing stripes with caution tape :D

butchered by autocorrecr

aeffertz

Passed Driver's Ed
Makes me wonder, with the matte color, why didn't you just go with plastidip?

I'm torn between wrapping the wroof in gloss black, but with a quote of over $300 I don't think I'll ever do it because I don't know if I'll love it or not. I can pick up the materials for around $50, but have no wrapping experience. Do you have any tips or pointers so I can do it myself for cheap and if I don't like it, I won't feel horrible tearing it off? I just feel like I will have 50 milliion bubbles in it.

I've done everything else to my cars, but vinyl just scares me.

HyeWarrior

Banned
Makes me wonder, with the matte color, why didn't you just go with plastidip?

I'm torn between wrapping the wroof in gloss black, but with a quote of over $300 I don't think I'll ever do it because I don't know if I'll love it or not. I can pick up the materials for around $50, but have no wrapping experience. Do you have any tips or pointers so I can do it myself for cheap and if I don't like it, I won't feel horrible tearing it off? I just feel like I will have 50 milliion bubbles in it.

I've done everything else to my cars, but vinyl just scares me.

Plasti dip looks like ass. In pictures, it can look fine, but in person, a vinyl wrap is just as good as factory paint (assuming we're talking about matte/satin colors).

I don't care how much buzz there is about plasti dip, their cars look like poop, even when done by professionals. A good vinyl job will always look better, and last longer too.

Looks good OP, easy does it!