GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Do any of you had damped headlights?

tluver

Hi all,

I just got my 2011 GTI picked up today and had so much fun enjoying the car.

But, I noticed that my headlights were damped after driving the car for over 30 minutes.

Did anyone had this symptom on your car?

Do you think I should check up with the dealer?

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
Hmm, I've not had that happen to me. Might just be the weather making the moisture inside the headlights condense. If there's actual standing water inside I would take it back, if not then its up to you to decide.

MuttGrunt

Ready to race!
Get it checked out. Your headlight housings should be sealed so this doesn't happen. Occasionally over time people have problems with all different makes and models, but on a new car it shouldn't be happening.

tluver

Thank you all for your comments...

I'll get mine checked when I visit the dealer to pick up some touch-up paints.

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
On both headlights?

As previously said... headlights (and tail lights for that matter) are sealed, so this should never happen.

TDI110

O_o
I've seen this happen on new Audi's and other cars. Your headlight seal is compromised - go to the dealer and have them replace the unit.

zee

Go Kart Champion
Owners manual says condensation in the headlights is normal but should clear within a short while once headlights are in use. 30 minutes seem longer than ususal especially since your Daytime Running Lights were probably on.

ataman

Ready to race!
I had the same issue when i first got the car.. stopped doing it after a week or so...