GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Do The JL Audio Stealth Boxes Fit The 2012?

Johnny Two Tone

Ready to race!
I've been looking at stealth style side mounted sub boxes and can currently get a JL Sub with a nice discount. JL Audio makes those "Stealthboxes" for VW Golfs/GTIs but 1)Their site simply says "2006-up", so I have no definitive confirmation on if that "up" goes to 2012 and 2)technically their side mount Stealthbox is listed under the GTI, not the Golf. But, isn't the hatch area EXACTLY the same on both cars?

Any info?

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
If you have a base mk6 golf it won't fit. They changed the golf plastic piece by removing a cargo hook and the jl box has a bump to fit into it. You can order the gti piece and swap them out

If you have a tdi you are fine.

Johnny Two Tone

Ready to race!
Hey, thanks for the reply. Could you be a tiny bit more specific? I'm not sure which plastic piece you're referring to. My car does have a cargo hook on both sides. Do Golf models higher than the base model have the same side as the GTI, for instance? I have the Golf Sportline, if that means anything. Which plastic piece would I need to buy to be able to use the Stealthbox meant for the 2012 GTI?

JhnR

Banned
they're so pricey

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
GTI/TDI they fit... I do believe the golfs may have an issue.