GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Do we have this in the USA?

markdopierala

Passed Driver's Ed
Just a quick question (sorry if a stupid one) :bonk:

I am still waiting for my GTI to arrive, I ordered every option possible
but have no clue if will get the "climatronic" or "dual zone climate control" like in the pic?

Im not sure if the option even exists in the USA?

Krazy_Z

Go Kart Champion
Nope that is a Euro Option man I wish we did.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
The .:R models always get the added goodies; they don't send them to us on the GTI model.

If/When (wishful thinking I know) we get the Golf R it will include these options.

bigshoulders

Ready to race!
The short answer: it's to keep costs down. If all of the Euro options were available to us in the States, the price of the car would be far more than most folks would be willing to pay for a hatchback. They simply wouldn't sell, when you can go next door to the BMW dealer and get far more car for the money. Once you take delivery of the car you'll see all kinds of features in your new GTI manual that don't pertain to US-spec cars.

Last edited:

MattTheCarNut

Ready to race!
Climatronic and xenons comes standard for canadian GTI's. Come up to canada and order one :laugh::lol:

And pay 15% more. No thanks. :D Texas' 6.25% car sales tax over Ontario's 15% (or is it more now HST?) makes it sweeter, too.

I can never go back, I can never go back... LOL :thumbup:

marcopolo

Passed Driver's Ed
And pay 15% more. No thanks. :D Texas' 6.25% car sales tax over Ontario's 15% (or is it more now HST?) makes it sweeter, too.

I believe the average car is 30% more with the added 15% HST tax which probably results to 10-15k higher price compared to our american neighbors. If VW's warranty were valid in canada, I would have bought my GTI in buffalo.

CMD

Ready to race!
FYI the HST rate is 13% (in Ontario). Still a lot higher than 6.5%, but not quite 15

Last edited:

Basil_Fawlty

Ready to race!

These are all very vaild points. I dont think its worth it to have things like climitatronic (zoned a/c) in this car anyway. I've had the last two cars over the last 10+ years that had that, a MBZ and Suburban, and I think its worthless. So best not to bump the price up. My car was at the outter limit on what I was going to pay, and it came loaded to the hilt based on the USA model.

bigshoulders

Ready to race!
To the OP, on paper, it sucks that US cars can't be ordered with all these bells and whistles, but you're still getting a great car! I'm going out on a limb here, but I believe once you get the car, you'll forget about all the options you don't have, and fall in love with all that you do have.

Basil_Fawlty

Ready to race!
To the OP, on paper, it sucks that US cars can't be ordered with all these bells and whistles, but you're still getting a great car! I'm going out on a limb here, but I believe once you get the car, you'll forget about all the options you don't have, and fall in love with all that you do have.

Amen Sister

Cackalacka

Ready to race!
why do we always get screwed with the options in the USA?

Yeah, not to pile on, but in addition to exorbitant sales and displacement taxes, there is also our new friend that came to town in the past decade, the Euro. I remember in the summer of 2001, being able to purchase an entire Czech village for US$14.75. These days, not so much...

I think it is to VW's credit that they are willing to affordability market such a fine automobile here in the States. They've got to make practical decisions in order to differentiate, and still be profitable. Not being able to scoop up a Scirroco or dual-climate control is a small price to pay for access to a turbocharged hatch under $38k. They can keep the rear-camera, and I can keep tens of thousands of dollars, they get a sale and I get a kick ass car. Win-win-win.