GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dodge Ram SRT-10 vs...

kurupt_hawaiian

Ready to race!
Has anyone ever raced an SRT-10? I was sitting at a traffic light and the truck was going the other way, but he slowed down next to me and looked at me, then revved his engine like hell and took off like the bad ass he thinks he is. I wanted to turn around and give him a run with my little Apr stage 2 GTI, but I had my wife and son in the car and we were in a hurry to get somewhere. She pretty much told me to leave it alone, but I'm just curious because I wanna see what kind of potential my car has....And don't mind me, I 'm a little high at the moment...damn ambient is kickking my ass! I'm gone!

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion
Has anyone ever raced an SRT-10? I was sitting at a traffic light and the truck was going the other way, but he slowed down next to me and looked at me, then revved his engine like hell and took off like the bad ass he thinks he is. I wanted to turn around and give him a run with my little Apr stage 2 GTI, but I had my wife and son in the car and we were in a hurry to get somewhere. She pretty much told me to leave it alone, but I'm just curious because I wanna see what kind of potential my car has....And don't mind me, I 'm a little high at the moment...damn ambient is kickking my ass! I'm gone!

I have raced one around 20 times.... my uncle has one, quick trucks but he still looses to me every time. He has the quad cab and is stock except for a cat back, he runs consistent 14.1's. The two doors are a bit faster, but not by much....mid to high 13's if the driver gets a decent launch....hard to do with 500 HP even on 305 tires. You could take him, but auto vs your 6 speed it would be your race to loose..... If he has any real mods your toast.

reillyse

Go Kart Champion
I was very unimpressed with the srt-10 at my dragstrip earlier this year. It was the two door variant and he ran high 13s/low 14s. Seemed to struggle to get traction off the line.

CodeB4U

Go Kart Champion
Dang, i thought single cabs with manual would be faster then 13's. I was thinking high 12's easy. But i forget how small vipers are in real life. Vipers always look huge/heavy in pictures.

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion
Very heavy trucks, 5100+ for two door and 5600 lbs for the four door....kills performance.

kurupt_hawaiian

Ready to race!
Cool...I almost forgot I made this thread. The dude had a Quadcab SRT-10, All I could tell he had was a loud ass exhaust...

kurupt_hawaiian

Ready to race!
you would lose stoplight to stoplight.

I just got off the freeway and he was going onto the freeway...I would have turned around and got on the freeway with him...

AXO

Go Kart Champion
I would think the truck would probably have traction issues..... Guy in the Truck sounds like a Dick regardless......

trd420

Go Kart Champion
Hah there is a very very fast one here in the sf bay area. i would see him all the time at the 7th street runs in Oakland a few years back. he would pull on every thang svt cobra,gt500,sti,evo,z06 c5 and c6, m3,m5........ he had a lot of work in the truck was a 2door M/T red. that made over 900whp / 850wtq with TT and NOS
had the Venom 1000 Hennessey
Twin Turbo Performance Upgrade

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/ramsrt10-1000.html

VagPuncher

Ready to race!
my father used to have a auto quad cab srt10 ram.. was trying to get him to put a blower on it but he traded it for a challenger srt8 and put a blower on that..Both are pretty nice cars but heavy ass pigs..