GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DOESNT SEEM NEARLY AS FAST!! and POINT PROVEN TODAY!!

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
Ok, so this is not necessarily a kill post, but it is.. I mean I won, but thats not the point of my post. My point is this MK5 only has a HOMEMAD intake, and some exhaust that they drill out some of the cat... NO TUNE!!! Stickshift....

Why the hell is my STAGE 2 GTI, only beating him by like 1/2 car when I give him the HIT??? No way this should be happening.. Am I wrong? or am I right? Now if you read my previous post, about how I messed up and had work done to my car after I mis-shifted (ya YOU GUYS CAN HOLD THE "why you still racing" comments) I bought the car to have fun, and I did this in a 100% safe spot.. where I can injure nobody else...

Anyways.. any reasoning behind this??? Could I still be in limp mode w/o a CEL? I made sure I was in 93 octane mode, so I know it isn't that.... I didn't spin too bad.. so it's not 100% that.. now I definitely didn't get a GREAT launch any of the times (went home and practiced that on another back road) haha... I was launching at 3k, I got a little wheel hop, but still shouldn't I be 2-3 cars ahead of him??? I messed with the same kid before he took off his air filter, and "drilled out the cats" and I was giving him 2 cars and the hit and I was still taking him by 3-4 cars... Ever since I got the car back, it just doesn't "FEEL" as fast.... Maybe I am just losing my mind, but when I raced the same kid, and barely won and he did NOTHING to his car except drill out his cats, and take an air filter off!!! :mad0259::iono:

What the heck could be wrong with my car?? haha

By the way, I didn't know exactly which thread to post this in....

Halvie

WOOSA
My car at varies drastically with how fast it feels. Some days it feels great, and others it feels slow as fuck. Doesn't seem to follow changes in weather or anything else I can really think of. Seems really random, and it is pretty annoying honestly.

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
My car at varies drastically with how fast it feels. Some days it feels great, and others it feels slow as fuck. Doesn't seem to follow changes in weather or anything else I can really think of. Seems really random, and it is pretty annoying honestly.

Ya, Idk what to make of it man... I really am wondering if I was just launching too high... I wish it didn't beat the crap outta the car, I would kept practicing... I don't feel like buying a clutch tomorrow! But the point was proven that my car is slower today! NO WAY IN HELL will his "HOMEMADE" mods gain him 4 cars on me!!

fastgti69

M3 Eater
do a second gear roll from 30 mph and go to 100mph hitting near end of 4th gear. You should be about 2-3 cars ahead.

Launches leave too much room for driver error in the equation. Roll races are a little more driver proof.

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
do a second gear roll from 30 mph and go to 100mph hitting near end of 4th gear. You should be about 2-3 cars ahead.

Launches leave too much room for driver error in the equation. Roll races are a little more driver proof.

Ya, we are going to try it again this weekend.... I need to confirm that my car isn't jacked up! haha:confused:

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
The car will NOT be in limp mode without a CEL or EPC light. Sounds to me like he played you and lied about his tuning status.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion

Ditto! Sometimes my car just seems like a dog, other times it's really snappy!

SmokeyGTI

Ready to race!
I have noticed my car is seemingly inconsistent performance wise. Some times when I punch it it takes off like a whip.. and other times it feels more lethargic, as if the turbo isn't kicking in or something.

It doesn't seem to have a whole lot to do with anything (temp, road conditions, etc) so I'm not sure what to make of it.

Sent from my Sprint iPhone using Tapatalk

HardCandy

Go Kart Champion
I have noticed my car is seemingly inconsistent performance wise. Some times when I punch it it takes off like a whip.. and other times it feels more lethargic, as if the turbo isn't kicking in or something.

It doesn't seem to have a whole lot to do with anything (temp, road conditions, etc) so I'm not sure what to make of it.

Sent from my Sprint iPhone using Tapatalk

same..