GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dogbone Insert - Least NVH Option for R

boost pls

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey Guys,

I've read a lot of info on the dogbone (or torque arm) inserts. Ran a lot of searches on this forum and over on the GTI/Golf boards, and there seems to be some mixed info. Also not a lot of feedback here from the R guys running these, would love to know who's got them and their impressions.

I would love to smooth out my shifts a bit and I'm dying to do my next mod so I can get out in the garage and work on my car. For the money this seems like a good mod but I just want to avoid adding a lot of vibration and noise in the cabin. I had a pretty stiff mount on my MS3 for this same purpose and while it made driveability great, it made the cabin a lot noisier. Promised myself I wouldn't go down that same path with my R.

I guess what I'd like to know is whether anyone can confirm which inserts produce the least NVH on the Golf R? Currently I'm looking at the Neuspeed, Powerflex, and BFI pieces because they are available in the lowest durometer ratings (65A, 70A, and 70A respectively).

boost pls

Passed Driver's Ed

I checked out the BSH speedshop site and they don't have a durometer rating listed for whatever material they use. Do you have this piece installed?

boost pls

Passed Driver's Ed
BSH is one of the more aggressive ones at 85A

Ah, thanks for the info on that. Yeah that might be a little harder than I wanted to go. I might just go with the BFI part and see what happens. I figure worst case I could sell it to another forum member or something.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
BFI Stage 1

kern417

Go Kart Champion
BFI Stage 1 I believe is the best as far as NVH is concerned. The ECS or SPM ones shouldn't be too bad either.

willbarnes2

Passed Driver's Ed
The Neuspeed insert has a horrible life span
I have replaced a couple of them in my R32
They squish so easy...
Could have been the weight of the V6 along with hundreds of launch control takeoffs

I am going with the VWR subframe mount as soon as my VWR sway bars arrive
They are on back order unfortunately

boost pls

Passed Driver's Ed
BFI Stage 1 I believe is the best as far as NVH is concerned. The ECS or SPM ones shouldn't be too bad either.

Perfect thanks for the info man

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

boost pls

Passed Driver's Ed
Boost pls what part of Va are you in?

Hampton roads area, chesapeake to be specific. Haven't seen any other R's here yet but my dealer supposedly sold like 5 of em

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

SweetJones_29

Ready to race!
I have the bsh and the nvh went away after 500 miles.

Lucas_R

Passed Driver's Ed
The new Spulen Engineering dogbone mount is nice. USP Motorsports are selling them.

Ive previously had the yellow BFI mount (75a) and then foolishly replaced it with the HPA puck which was horrible. Unfortunately i had to destroy my BFI mount to remove it.

The local Australian reseller of BFI was out of stock, so i decided to try something else - and came across the Spulen mount which is also 75a.

It was much easier to install than the BFI mount and does the job well. http://www.uspmotorsports.com/SPULEN-Dog-Bone-Engine-Mount-Insert-Kit-Street.html