GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dogbone Mount Insert Concerns

Leviathan

I’m considering purchasing a dogbone mount insert for my mk6 gti. Although I’ve heard that this will put stress on the factory torque arm, possibly to the breaking point. Has anyone had their mount break after installation?

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
I’m considering purchasing a dogbone mount insert for my mk6 gti. Although I’ve heard that this will put stress on the factory torque arm, possibly to the breaking point. Has anyone had their mount break after installation?
replace (upgrade) both dogbone mount and the factory torque arm. This is what I plan to do eventually.

1) torque insert
https://www.034motorsport.com/bille...agen-golf-jetta-gti-gli-8j-8p-audi-tt-a3.html

2) pendulum arm
https://www.034motorsport.com/034mo...2-0-tsi-tdl-2-5l-3-2l-vr6-24v-motorsport.html

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
IMG_2345.jpg

Not my car but I've seen them snap a few times

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
be prepared to have a lot more NVH
I will replace with stock insert/arm instead... I don't want NVH to increase... I already find the 2.0T loud and noisy

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
Nvh is subjective, personally I don't mind it and think the pros out weigh the cons by a lot, but I've also had normies tell me my car feels broken 😂

Everything with a grain of salt
I agree, but I don't want to spend money on the parts and then not like the NVH, not be able to tolerate NVH... at that point, I'd be forced to live with it... I wouldn't revert back to stock parts... the risk of modifying a car... lol I only accept opinions from those who driven GTI's or own a GTI, every one else's statements are ignored.

Experience it for yourself... at an expense, of course.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I run an insert and APR’s spherical arm. Got used to the NVH after a few drives. Benefits outweigh the NVH.

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I’ve got about 24k miles on the APR and it’s been great. Handles K04 power wonderfully.

CSB: I bought it used for $125 from a guy with a TDI. He didn’t like it. Well APR doesn’t approve it for a TDI. I installed it and hated it. So much NVH. Took it off and inspected it. Found some slop in the spherical bearing. Emailed APR and told them everything from buying it used from a TDI owner and sending them a video of the play in the bearing. They had me send it in so they could check it out. Found it to be bad and they sent me a brand new one. Installed the new one and NVH was so much better.

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
I’ve got about 24k miles on the APR and it’s been great. Handles K04 power wonderfully.

CSB: I bought it used for $125 from a guy with a TDI. He didn’t like it. Well APR doesn’t approve it for a TDI. I installed it and hated it. So much NVH. Took it off and inspected it. Found some slop in the spherical bearing. Emailed APR and told them everything from buying it used from a TDI owner and sending them a video of the play in the bearing. They had me send it in so they could check it out. Found it to be bad and they sent me a brand new one. Installed the new one and NVH was so much better.
Thank you so much for sharing your experience.

I will go with the APR torque arm and the insert I don't know which brand to go with... I will do more research. I am leaning towards the 034 insert
https://www.034motorsport.com/bille...agen-golf-jetta-gti-gli-8j-8p-audi-tt-a3.html

Do you guys think the stock insert and stock torque arm can fail?

My GTI is KO4, mod list is my signature.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Thank you so much for sharing your experience.

I will go with the APR torque arm and the insert I don't know which brand to go with... I will do more research. I am leaning towards the 034 insert

Do you guys think the stock insert and stock torque arm can fail?

My GTI is KO4, mod list is my signature.
You'd likely shred the rubber subframe mount vs the arm failing. With a k04 I think you'd be better off with a full puck replacement like hpa (they do t make them anymore but you can still find them) vs an insert. The 034 inserts are garbage and bend. If you're stuck on an insert go with a poly insert.