GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driver door window switches broken?

Ericb14

Car(s)
2015 gti 2door
Hey everyone new here, I’m wondering if anyone can help me out. Yesterday I was putting my windows up and both of the window up down switches just stopped working and are both like super loose if that makes any sense. Could this be a fuse? Or a bigger problem.

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
The switch module will have to be replaced. It's an easy job to do. You'll just have to remove the door panel, then the switch panel and swap it out. I did it on my previous car which was a 2 door. Just make sure that you get the correct switch module. There is one specific to the 2 door GTI which has the little silver strips on the switches.

MSchott

Go Kart Newbie
Would this issue be similar to my problem? 4 door GTI. Passenger side front door doesn’t go all the way down. Then the auto up feature does not work.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
https://streamable.com/whvpzz

just short vid of how loose the switches are

Interesting. I just replaced my driver's door switch module for another reason. What probably happened is that the lower switch body popped out of the upper switch body, and fell into the door cavity space.

If you have a four-door, the replacement is part # is 5G0959857D, followed by a three letter code to describe the trim configuration (chrome tipped or not, white LEDs or red, etc). Any parts manager can tell you based on your VIN. I paid about $50 for mine.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Would this issue be similar to my problem? 4 door GTI. Passenger side front door doesn’t go all the way down. Then the auto up feature does not work.

Separate issue. Can be caused by several factors, including the passenger door window regulator.