GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driver's seat loose/clunking

DB Cooper

2011 GTI 2-DR - Driver's side seat is 'rocking' or clunking when accelerating/decelerating.

It would seem to me that the track/sliders are part of the problem but I don't know exactly what the issue is.

I tried to look under the seat but didn't see anything that was obvious - it's possible that I am unable to see the worn part.

If I were to guess, it would seem like a bushing/roller/slider is worn/damaged/missing from the track and is allowing the seat to rock back and forth.

It is very irritating, so I have the seat positioned in such a way that it minimizes the 'rocking' issue, but makes the driving position uncomfortable.

My thinking is to remove the seat from the car and examine the track/sliders more closely to see what is loose/worn, but I don't want to go to all that effort if someone has already come across this issue and knows of a solution.

I did a search and couldn't find any similar posts - if anyone knows of a thread or 'tech tip' on this issue, please let me know and I will delete this post.

Thanks for your help!