GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG issue after replacement ECU installed

93serprise

Ready to race!
Hey guys :) Hoping somebody on this forum might have some insight into what I need to do to solve an issue I have after replacing my stock ECU with a replacement that had an immobilizer defeat performed on it. I have a 2012 MK6 with DSG transmission, and purchased a replacement ECU to install an IE K04 tune onto it. I have Stage 2 Unitronic DSG software on my car as well. After installing my replacement ECU over the weekend, I noticed immediately that the Gear selection indicator on the instrument panel was flashing nonstop no matter what gear I am in. I took the car for a drive, and initially felt that everything was fine. The next day however, I drove to work and the DSG shifts were noticeably delayed and not fast/crisp like they were with the stock ECU. I ran Carista and found a ton of error codes. The main one being U0302---Software incompatibility with transmission control module. I am pretty sure that the ECU I received thinks I have a manual transmission and I need to change coding via VCDS, which I just ordered. Is there a guide to do this or anybody that has had to correct coding in an ECU to make it work with a DSG transmission. Thanks !!

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
Did you use a 1K0907115AS ECU? That is the one I had to buy as my replacement. I have a 2012 Gti DSG and there is a specific ECU for DSG cars.

93serprise

Ready to race!
I just checked the screenshot from John and Unitronic where I purchased the ecu and that number does match.

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
Who did the imo defeat? I was able to swap mine in but I went to a local shop that coded the ecu using VW software ODIS, it could not be done through vcds.