GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG Stalled?

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
I also experienced my dsg stalling. long story short, i ot my car back about a week ago from the dealership for getting a valve replace and couple valve spring replaced and also the vacuum pump.

I was driving home from work during rush hour and stop and go traffic. i turned my a/c on and about a minute after my car died and the battery light flash about 4 times. i was able to slowly pull off to the side of the road and turned the key to the off positioned and it fired it one the first time. ever since then it hasn't happen but i do noticed when im coming to a stop my RPM would drop to about 600-550 rpm range then back up to normal at 750 rpm. it feels like the car is going to stall.

i have replaced the intake manifold, new injectors and done a carbon cleaning the 2 months ago.

at first i thought it was the battery because the dealership told me that my battery would need to be replaced sooned, but i tried doing some researched and im thinking its the HPFP, faulty MAF ( maybe needs to be cleaned), a leak? ( but i have a boost gauge and the cobb AP) or maybe its my air intake. also scanned for codes but nothing.

can someone point or guild on that to do.

thanks,

fbgmoney

Ready to race!
I also experienced my dsg stalling. long story short, i ot my car back about a week ago from the dealership for getting a valve replace and couple valve spring replaced and also the vacuum pump.

I was driving home from work during rush hour and stop and go traffic. i turned my a/c on and about a minute after my car died and the battery light flash about 4 times. i was able to slowly pull off to the side of the road and turned the key to the off positioned and it fired it one the first time. ever since then it hasn't happen but i do noticed when im coming to a stop my RPM would drop to about 600-550 rpm range then back up to normal at 750 rpm. it feels like the car is going to stall.

i have replaced the intake manifold, new injectors and done a carbon cleaning the 2 months ago.

at first i thought it was the battery because the dealership told me that my battery would need to be replaced sooned, but i tried doing some researched and im thinking its the HPFP, faulty MAF ( maybe needs to be cleaned), a leak? ( but i have a boost gauge and the cobb AP) or maybe its my air intake. also scanned for codes but nothing.

can someone point or guild on that to do.

thanks,

Same thing happened to me nearly 4 months ago while I was in stop-and-go traffic. No codes or errors showed up afterwards. I'm just hoping it doesn't happen again haha :thumbup:

Some more reports from other here:
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2537334#post2537334

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
Same thing happened to me nearly 4 months ago while I was in stop-and-go traffic. No codes or errors showed up afterwards. I'm just hoping it doesn't happen again haha :thumbup:

Some more reports from other here:
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2537334#post2537334

maybe its my tune, i flashed cobb ots stage 2 stock MAF over my stratified stage 2 file and so far so good. ill give it a couple days for the ECU to adapt. if the problem still happens ill try cleaning the MAF and if needed look into replacing my HPFP.