GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DV-Boost Leak and Rounded Hex Socket Bolt

soldier0829

Ready to race!
VAG COM tells me there is a drop in pressure between the DV and the Turbo (VCDS even tells you to check DV when the code comes up on the scan). Car idles very rough, like it has a big, loping cam. Anyway I went under to check the DV and one of the bolts is rusted solid to the tap. While trying to remove it I rounded the hex out of the inside of the bolt. I can get it about 1/2 way out then it seizes up again. Any suggestions as to how I can remove? Will try and take some pics next time I am under the car. Have tried penetrating oil but no luck. I'm not familiar with any other methods of removing the bolt other than cutting and drilling it out, which I'm not really inclined to do (actually, I'm pretty sure I can't do it given my mechanical skills, lol). Thanks!

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
vice grips and hope you don't mangle the threads on the way out

simpson110

Ready to race!
^ what cryptic said.

soldier0829

Ready to race!
I was able to get in there with the small vice grips and managed to loosen it up 1/10th of a turn at a time. Thanks guys.

I also noticed that this bolt is longer than the other two. Obviously it needs to be replaced, but what kind of bolt should I be looking for? My guess is it is an M6 cap? 35-40mm?

Attachments

• DV bolt.JPG
    DV bolt.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 124

DeathMoJo1

Ready to race!
That is weird all my stock bolts are the same length. Wonder if it had been replaced using the wrong bolt.

Sent from LG G2 via Tapatalk

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
the ap4 k04 has one longer bolt since it goes through the dv adapter plate and into the turbo housing. You need one that length. I'd replace all three with stainless bolts the same length and thread pitch