GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

:: ECS Tuning :: MKVI Golf Blind Spot Mirrors - Now Available !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamzh2000

I have the heated mirrors. Can the blue tint be damaged after it is heated in the long term?

MReyes

Ready to race!
I have the heated mirrors. Can the blue tint be damaged after it is heated in the long term?

Where in CA are you? I can't really imagine you having to use the Heated mirrors for a long time, if at all.

I'm in SO CAL never need that feature

hvltg

Ready to race!
I really need to stay away from this forum, everyday see something else I want! lol

Maybe tell the wifey about these, make a great fathers day present!

XZT123

Ready to race!
These mirrors are one my favorite mods to my car. And at $70 they are a great value. Once you have them installed it will make your rear-view mirrors feel 2x bigger and eliminate blind spots. It is one of those things that makes you say.. what the hell, why aren't all cars already like this?! The tint is very minor.. it doesn't really make your mirror darker per se, but it does help greatly with blinding lights at night (and the slightly convex shape helps too I think). I have 30% tint too, no problems there. Just get blue because it looks awesome too.

Installation was pretty simple, just be somewhat careful. A pair of needle nose pliers will help you pull off the heater wire connectors. Before you push them onto the new mirror tabs just squeeze the connector together again so it has a tight fit.

MReyes

Ready to race!
These mirrors are one my favorite mods to my car. And at $70 they are a great value. Once you have them installed it will make your rear-view mirrors feel 2x bigger and eliminate blind spots. It is one of those things that makes you say.. what the hell, why aren't all cars already like this?! The tint is very minor.. it doesn't really make your mirror darker per se, but it does help greatly with blinding lights at night (and the slightly convex shape helps too I think). I have 30% tint too, no problems there. Just get blue because it looks awesome too.

Installation was pretty simple, just be somewhat careful. A pair of needle nose pliers will help you pull off the heater wire connectors. Before you push them onto the new mirror tabs just squeeze the connector together again so it has a tight fit.

Love these things. I'm def gonna use the needle nose plyers to squeeze the connector cuz mine are really loose thanks for hte tip

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
Placed order.

Love these things. I'm def gonna use the needle nose plyers to squeeze the connector cuz mine are really loose thanks for hte tip

Thanks for the orders everyone! :thumbsup:

Andy

cawgti

Ready to race!
I just bought the plain non tinted ones and I would NOT waste your money on the blind spot mirrors. I installed the driver side first and not sure why or what happened but the mirror cracked as I was installing it. I was able to get it off without cracking it more but useless now. I had no issues installing the passenger side one and not sure what the problem was, so now I either pay more money for another one to replace the cracked one or return the passenger side as well.

However, I will state that after trying out the cracked one and the passenger side, these are not worth the money unless you drive with the entire side of your car in your mirror. I tested itby putting on my original one after pulling off the cracked one and its no different than if you position your mirror out to where it should be positioned.

Dissappointed that ECS won't do anything for the cracked piece, but suppose this is the risk you run installing something yourself. Adjust your mirrors properly and don't waste your money on these mirrors.

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
I just bought the plain non tinted ones and I would NOT waste your money on the blind spot mirrors. I installed the driver side first and not sure why or what happened but the mirror cracked as I was installing it. I was able to get it off without cracking it more but useless now. I had no issues installing the passenger side one and not sure what the problem was, so now I either pay more money for another one to replace the cracked one or return the passenger side as well.

However, I will state that after trying out the cracked one and the passenger side, these are not worth the money unless you drive with the entire side of your car in your mirror. I tested itby putting on my original one after pulling off the cracked one and its no different than if you position your mirror out to where it should be positioned.

Dissappointed that ECS won't do anything for the cracked piece, but suppose this is the risk you run installing something yourself. Adjust your mirrors properly and don't waste your money on these mirrors.

PM sent.

cawgti

Ready to race!
Hi,

Yes Ben offered one at another $50 some bucks. At this point not spending anymore money on them. I have both boxed up and waiting to ship them back.

XZT123

Ready to race!

I dunno if the clear ones are that much different, but the tinted ones definitely help. I didn't have to adjust my mirror funny. It is a little bit difficult to align the mirror to snap it back on because the factory mirror plate connection point is some sort of ridiculous puzzle. Even after getting it back on I'm not sure how it connects. But I don't believe you have to force it or push hard. Just be careful and patient.

I thought the clear ones may be OEM and the blue ones ECS manufactured? If so, maybe the blue ones are better.

Status
Not open for further replies.