GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

:: ECS Tuning :: VW MK6 ECS Catch Can System - New Item !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Catch can collected much more than expected in 2 weeks, the consistency is very different compared to my last catch can, I feel this is due to the better baffling setup in this ECS can. Still not happy with how the AN lines are routed and the logo but it's working well. Kind of upsetting that ECS will not take any of my feedback or offer a revision or alternate setup for us big turbo guys.

Separated after 24 hours

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
Catch can collected much more than expected in 2 weeks, the consistency is very different compared to my last catch can, I feel this is due to the better baffling setup in this ECS can. Still not happy with how the AN lines are routed and the logo but it's working well. Kind of upsetting that ECS will not take any of my feedback or offer a revision or alternate setup for us big turbo guys.

Separated after 24 hours

Thanks for sharing!

Andy

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion

Separated after 24 hours

I like companies that tailor to their customers or listen to the obvious feedback to improve on their products. I don't like the stubborn approach, or the take it or leave it either. So I'm going to hold off on a catch can for now. Thanks Hyde! [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
Get yours painted CSG! Would look awesome. My body shop only charges $100.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
I like companies that tailor to their customers or listen to the obvious feedback to improve on their products. I don't like the stubborn approach, or the take it or leave it either. So I'm going to hold off on a catch can for now. Thanks Hyde! [emoji1303]

And it's not like I'm asking for ridiculous things here, after reviewing dozens of products I feel like my feedback could lead to a better or best product. Extending the AN lines should be something they would be willing to offer to accommodate all setups. I'll tell you right now, these lines will not work for the Unitronic intake for stage 1 through K04 setups. It will only work for OEM intakes or OEM sized stage 2 intake pipes. That rules out the top end of the tuning group, K04 guys who run larger stage 2 pipes or big turbo owners.

Get yours painted CSG! Would look awesome. My body shop only charges $100.

I may do this but the car serves as a daily driver, no downtime to send the can off for 1-2 days. The logo looks like crap on the TSI setup because they batch run the cans and I believe it sits straight for some of the Audi setups (makes sense, designed to sit correctly for the more expensive Audi models while the VW's get the crooked look). Make the cans without a logo and include a sticker, problem solved, maybe even save a few bucks in manufacturing and apply it to the 1-3" of additional AN line length. But again, it's not like I've tested and reviewed several catch can options and want to see ECS be the best option out there.

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
I'll tell you right now, these lines will not work for the Unitronic intake for stage 1 through K04 setups. It will only work for OEM intakes or OEM sized stage 2 intake pipes. That rules out the top end of the tuning group, K04 guys who run larger stage 2 pipes or big turbo owners.

Well with that said then for sure I can't get it even if I wanted too! They should have some options at checkout to choose the catch can best tailored to your setup, example; intake type and vehicle type and engine layout so the logo can be in the right orientation. [emoji1303]

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Well with that said then for sure I can't get it even if I wanted too! They should have some options at checkout to choose the catch can best tailored to your setup, example; intake type and vehicle type and engine layout so the logo can be in the right orientation. [emoji1303]

Exactly...
Option 1 - OEM stage 2 pipe or same size (current size)
Option 2 - Larger stage 2 pipe (2" added to each AN line)

I know they are cut to specific lengths then assembled, cut two sets of length options, assemble AN fittings when the order comes in.

st0w

Passed Driver's Ed
PM sent.

Andy

This discussion is something that benefits all potential buyers, why would you take it offline? Show possible customers the respect of responding to somebody who has put forth valid concerns of which ECS has thus far been entirely dismissive.

HYDE16's review is not bad overall, and certainly the issues he raised are not game changers. He's even gone as far as to say the ECS catch can has a better baffling system and collects more junk than other catch cans he's used. Which as someone considering buying one is a huge selling point.

However the initial response that was so dismissive and the move to take the conversation private really makes me concerned about how ECS treats their customers.

I agree completely. His comments would only make the device better and more applicable to a wider customer base. Why wouldn't a company take that into consideration?

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
This discussion is something that benefits all potential buyers, why would you take it offline? Show possible customers the respect of responding to somebody who has put forth valid concerns of which ECS has thus far been entirely dismissive.

HYDE16's review is not bad overall, and certainly the issues he raised are not game changers. He's even gone as far as to say the ECS catch can has a better baffling system and collects more junk than other catch cans he's used. Which as someone considering buying one is a huge selling point.

However the initial response that was so dismissive and the move to take the conversation private really makes me concerned about how ECS treats their customers.

I agree completely. His comments would only make the device better and more applicable to a wider customer base. Why wouldn't a company take that into consideration?

Thank you. In the PM's there was initial discussion of looking into revised AN lines and then the can but then the final PM was no go.

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion

PM was about custom lines for a BT build which we will not be moving froward on at this time, sorry.

Andy

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
And it's not like I'm asking for ridiculous things here, after reviewing dozens of products I feel like my feedback could lead to a better or best product. Extending the AN lines should be something they would be willing to offer to accommodate all setups. I'll tell you right now, these lines will not work for the Unitronic intake for stage 1 through K04 setups. It will only work for OEM intakes or OEM sized stage 2 intake pipes. That rules out the top end of the tuning group, K04 guys who run larger stage 2 pipes or big turbo owners.

I may do this but the car serves as a daily driver, no downtime to send the can off for 1-2 days. The logo looks like crap on the TSI setup because they batch run the cans and I believe it sits straight for some of the Audi setups (makes sense, designed to sit correctly for the more expensive Audi models while the VW's get the crooked look). Make the cans without a logo and include a sticker, problem solved, maybe even save a few bucks in manufacturing and apply it to the 1-3" of additional AN line length. But again, it's not like I've tested and reviewed several catch can options and want to see ECS be the best option out there.

Well that just puts a damper on me getting this kit as well. It looks like it does a great job in collecting, but I'll run into a similar issue since I'm running the Unitronic 3" intake. I didn't realize the PCV connection was that different from the OEM set-up. I must have been to pissed off with the installation of the intake at the time to notice, lol. Those 4-way clips are the devil! Lol anyway I have always valued your reviews on all the products you try out. They are honest and un-biased reviews and it's a shame such a huge company wouldn't put the extra R&D that you have supplied to them to make it the best option out there for catch cans. Obviously with all the different options available to the VW/Audi community that it's not a one-size fits all type of strategy. If they refuse to change things or include options to tailor customers specific engine set-ups (especially for the K04 and big turbo guys) the least they could do is put it in bold print that there may be fitment issues with intakes separate from their own or OEM.

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
Well that just puts a damper on me getting this kit as well. It looks like it does a great job in collecting, but I'll run into a similar issue since I'm running the Unitronic 3" intake. I didn't realize the PCV connection was that different from the OEM set-up. I must have been to pissed off with the installation of the intake at the time to notice, lol. Those 4-way clips are the devil! Lol anyway I have always valued your reviews on all the products you try out. They are honest and un-biased reviews and it's a shame such a huge company wouldn't put the extra R&D that you have supplied to them to make it the best option out there for catch cans. Obviously with all the different options available to the VW/Audi community that it's not a one-size fits all type of strategy. If they refuse to change things or include options to tailor customers specific engine set-ups (especially for the K04 and big turbo guys) the least they could do is put it in bold print that there may be fitment issues with intakes separate from their own or OEM.

Yeah I'm surprised...who the hell runs their stock intake anyway lol. And even if you don't you won't be able to later get a full intake with out changing the lines on the kit.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion

Thank you. All I want is slightly longer lines for everyone. If there's a concern of "sagging" on ECS's part, people always finagle lines/hoses/wires to sit certain ways. I know with aftermarket intakes (not just big turbo ECS...), we need longer lines. ECS's response was, "you're big turbo, we won't bend or customize". That's not what I'm asking for Andy, I'm telling you we need longer lines for aftermarket intakes.

Yeah I'm surprised...who the hell runs their stock intake anyway lol. And even if you don't you won't be able to later get a full intake with out changing the lines on the kit.

Exactly, they need to be longer. Period, end of story. I've told a dozen people on FB that this kit will not work with aftermarket intakes and I've had discussions on my IG daily build posts as well. No one runs OEM intakes at this point, the platform is older and by now I'd say 50-60% of owners have aftermarket intakes. This will put a damper on overall TSI sales, all because ECS will not make the lines literally 2-3" longer. Amazing, slight recommendations for a better, more universal product and they don't want extra sales. Oh well, I'll continue to warn my car club, FB pages and IG followers that they can go with the 034 catch can if they have aftermarket intakes.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Oh, add this user had to spend even more to lengthen the lines. FYI, this will not work with the Cobb intake. Actually, I may start a thread for all of the intakes this catch can kit will not work with since ECS won't add a few inches of line.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2407892&postcount=39

Asking them to lengthen their lines is like asking them to give up their first born. I thought the Cobb intake looked pretty cool, but not a fan of their access port tuning options so far. It's like buy our products or their tune might have issues with your mods. Anyway, so the second best catch can is the 034 design? The IE design looks solid too. I have quite a bit of 034 parts on my car so I have no doubt it's a quality piece. I read your review on it. I just would like to keep the OEM system since it already functions well from what I've read, but want the blow by gases not going into my intercooler pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.