GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eibach Rear Sway Bar Rubbing on Frame

VWGTIMK6

Ready to race!
Ill get pictures on it on the lift, but the rear sway bar from their pro kit rubs and scratches against the rear member piece that holds the rotor up. I'm not a car guy so I don't know what to call it, sorry for my bad terminology. Anyone else have this issue?

updated with pic the sway bar is rubbing on the black thing i highlighted

Attachments

• under%20car%20rear.jpg
    under%20car%20rear.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 382
Last edited:

VWGTIMK6

Ready to race!
If you go over any bump, speedbump, small pophole, slowly, I don't mean fly over a speed bump and let the suspension trail, i mean nice and easy you can hear the metal on metal, and the squeaking. its not right. im contacting eibach tommrow and will be taking pictures as well to post here and to them. perhaps the 2011's are slightly different in the rears. Hell, I had to drill out the brackets in the front to be able to fit the bushings.... soooooo...?

Bruh Man

Go Kart Champion
perhaps the 2011's are slightly different in the rears. Hell, I had to drill out the brackets in the front to be able to fit the bushings.... soooooo...?

Well the rear brake pads are different so it's possible. Having to drill out the brackets can't be a good sign...

ABD Racing

Ready to race!
Ill get pictures on it on the lift, but the rear sway bar from their pro kit rubs and scratches against the rear member piece that holds the rotor up. I'm not a car guy so I don't know what to call it, sorry for my bad terminology. Anyone else have this issue?

updated with pic the sway bar is rubbing on the black thing i highlighted

ill be at Eibach tomorrow morning, ill ask them whats up.

VWGTIMK6

Ready to race!
that was just a reference picture, i will take pictures tommrow when my BOV gets installed and its up on a lift

Last edited:

VWGTIMK6

Ready to race!
As indicated by the arrows, these are the rubbing points. The rear end on both sides, is squeaking, and making creeking sounds, and its clear its comming from the suspension. You can see on the second picture, (and I'm not a mechanic so I'm guessing) but there are two rubbing points when the bar is pushed upwards from the suspension and body of the car pushes down rubs on the cross member. Also the back of the bar rubs on the rear as you can see in the first picture. When the car was up on the lift, the suspension hangs, and therefore the suspension is in its lowest state. In the first picture there was no space between the bar and the rear piece, I couldn't even get the tip of my pinkie between the bar and cross member. The sway bars and springs are from the proline kit and I purchased them at tire rack. The quality is great, but the rear of the car squeaks and makes so much noise, and the front is perfect, so its definetly an issue.

VWGTIMK6

Ready to race!
look at it with the car on the ground...it shouldn't touch...when you raise the car the suspension drops and your control arm will hit the sway

I agree, but there was little to no clearance, is it possible they increased the size of the rear cross members as there is a signifigant lip on the edge of that piece in the first picture.

Also when you go over a bump, fast, or slow, anything that causes the body to lift or roll a bit it creeks and yee yaws, and the sound is very loud. When you go over a bump the car lifts and puts the suspension in the same state as it is when its on a lift.

Also read the paragraph above for a description. I am using Eibach springs, shocks, and sway bars, along with the bushings. I also had to drill the holes out on the front sway bar's mounting bracket as it was a sealed unit and welded together, so there was no way of getting the factory bushing out, I had to drill it out, then pop out the bushing, install the new one, and get a bigger bolt of the same thread size to force it closed and keep things tight, (the nut on the other side of the factory bracket is welded to the bracket.

VWGTIMK6

Ready to race!
I didn't hear anything from ABD or Eibach. I'm not happy with Eibach's service, Tire Rack has their hands tied, but I haven't gotten an email back or anything from Eibach. I was hopping ABD might have been able to help shed some light as he said he was going there, but its no biggie. I'm going to get this solved, as I can't stand the noise. Makes the whole car sound cheap like a honda.

I hope Eibach reads this and gets the idea.

Bruh Man

Go Kart Champion
Have you tried calling them? Email might take a minute for a response from a big company like Eibach. 951-256-8300

Did you install it on ramps or a lift? I've read some people recommend installing on ramps for full load to avoid rubbing. I really don't think you shoud have needed to drill anything for a proper fit.