GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ELECTRIC EXHAUST CUT OUT

Mk6golfer

Ready to race!
+1 for not putting on turbo car

they are more sensitive to exhaust back pressure, and a sudden decrease from one of those cutouts can lead to overboost/detonation without tuning to match.. dont remember specifics

it would give you better top-end on a non-boosted car tho, at the expense of low end

Cybe

GolfMK5 Graduate
I was under the impression that backpressure is required for proper evacuation of gases and exhaust when the valves come open, and that a turbocharger (alone) provides that in spades?

Antero128

Ready to race!
No problems with my srt4. It spooled my turbo about 300-500rpm faster. I lost very little if any low end torque.

Mk6golfer

Ready to race!
I think its a good idea for a V8 muscle car since they sound good anyway, but most 4-cyl cars dont sound good without tuned exhaust (cept I love the subie boxer sound)

tippah1

Ready to race!
Yeah scrap this idea i saw a few vids on youtube with mk5 gti's sounded like a bag of shit!! And not allot of gains only spooling time!! I think a decent down pipe will do the job.

tippah1

Ready to race!
I'm not going APR there too expensive here in aus $3100 for a tbe when the eqivilant in the states would come to no more than $2000 aus. I'm a revo, forge motorsport person as I had all their gear on my mk5 gti. And the local dealer looked after me for being a loyal customer.