GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Emissions and forcing 02 readiness

v.b

Ready to race!
Cbfa, one rai angled spacer in rear/ post cat o2 using the middle jetting sets all readiness on apr 3.1 non test pipe file

this is the part that drives everyone nuts. theres no one size fits all solution. i have had this combo work (with a stock catback) and not work (now with apr catback).

soldier0829

Ready to race!
this is the part that drives everyone nuts. theres no one size fits all solution. i have had this combo work (with a stock catback) and not work (now with apr catback).

Agree. I ran a straight spacer with all jet combos to no avail. Then I replaced with a j spacer, medium jet, angled to the front and was good to go. BTW I also replaced my rear O2. I noticed the older one was very heavily carbon baked. For $80-ish (CCTA) it made sense to replace the whole setup.

BTW I use Dash Command on my iPhone with a simple OBD bluetooth to check rediness and make sure I have all green (or 1 of 7) before I bring it in for the inspection.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
For those of you having issues with spacers and jets, etc. It is key to use vagcom to find out which o2 sensor is throwing the error and wether the reading is too rich or too lean.

If its too rich you need a smaller jet or add another spacer, if its too lean you need a bigger jet or remove a spacer.

soze

Go Kart Champion
For those of you having issues with spacers and jets, etc. It is key to use vagcom to find out which o2 sensor is throwing the error and wether the reading is too rich or too lean.

If its too rich you need a smaller jet or add another spacer, if its too lean you need a bigger jet or remove a spacer.

Newbie at this. Where in Vag-com does it say too rich or too lean? Or what do I look for? I just get the P0240 code.

v.b

Ready to race!
dont bother. the only lean/rich conditions that are reported are out of the primary sensor (the one right in the turbo). the ecu monitors voltage readings out of the 2 secondary sensors (1 on ccta) and reports p0420 when it sees what it doesnt like.

Labbatt33

Ready to race!
I used this set up to pass NY inspection.

CBFA
USP Catted and resonated DP
Vivid Straight O2 Spacer Med. Jet Front
Vivid J Spacer Small Jet Rear
Stage 1 non test pipe file

Hope it helps.

v.b

Ready to race!
tried all 3 different inserts on a RAI J spacer on the rear position on my cbfa with an apr tbe with cat. i think im gonna try a new o2 sensor next.

(it used to set readiness with a catless downpipe and stock catback before i ran leaded gas and put on the apr catback).

v.b

Ready to race!
No. I've decided to get a fresh sensor for the very last position to see if my sensor took a crap after leaded gas (it looked pretty cruddy after I took it out right after).

v.b

Ready to race!
no but my setup worked before - and doesn't work anymore - for $30 its a cheap fix before i spend more money on more spacers.

v.b

Ready to race!
universal bosch 15733 from amazon. its listed at $39 but theres a 15% coupon and i had some cashback rewards from my cc that went toward it and free shipping was also included.

james9120

Go Kart Champion
universal bosch 15733 from amazon. its listed at $39 but theres a 15% coupon and i had some cashback rewards from my cc that went toward it and free shipping was also included.
Never had luck with universal sensors, but I hope it works for you!

suspiciouspackage

Ready to race!
I'm running an RAI with the smallest insert post cat and 42DD precat. I don't throw a code unless I do a bunch of short hauls in which I don't hit highway speeds for more than 5 consecutive minutes. Subjective yeah, but if I do a bunch of short hauls like running around town, I get the code on my third or fourth start up. Then after driving a highway twice for at least 10 minutes, it goes away by itself.