GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine Cover

96TL

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey.

I am thinking of ordering a VWR intake from APR. I'm just not crazy about leaving the engine cover off. What OEM or aftermarket engine covers will work and still allow a full intake? Supposedly the Audi TTS engine cover fits?

Thanks! ;)

TEFF

godfather
The Audi TTs engine cover will fit. Also EVOMS one. You can also cut and repaint your OEM one

GMP Performance

Ready to race!
We actually modded an engine cover for one of our Golf R customers here, while this is on a Forge WINtake, the concept will be the same for the VWR intake.

Here's a quick before and after.

Before:

After:

And here's the link to our Golf R gallery for more pictures.:w00t:

http://www.gmpperformance.com/index.cfm?pg=carGallery&makerID=35&vGroupID=375

GMP Performance

Ready to race!
Are you guys offering this as a service? Thx.

It's something we're looking in to with possibly a core exchange program, however we've only done it on a cars with a Forge WINtake system currently, so it'd really be tough to verify fitment. We are however offering it to local customers.:w00t:

trigger_storey

Ready to race!
I'm not a R owner but I'd definitely look into going the TTS route and just get rid of the Audi emblem. It would look amazing and be different from what alot of other people do. Plus still look OEM.

96TL

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm not a R owner but I'd definitely look into going the TTS route and just get rid of the Audi emblem. It would look amazing and be different from what alot of other people do. Plus still look OEM.

That's what I'm leaning towards to doing. :thumbsup:

trigger_storey

Ready to race!
I don't know if it's a direct swap or not, but I do know there are alot of threads that will come up when you start researching it for people who had them fitted onto FSI A3's. Just heads up. I believe for them they had to buy the 3 mounting rods which were longer for the different cover. Just a heads up though. I'm not familiar with the FSI setup.

96TL

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't know if it's a direct swap or not, but I do know there are alot of threads that will come up when you start researching it for people who had them fitted onto FSI A3's. Just heads up. I believe for them they had to buy the 3 mounting rods which were longer for the different cover. Just a heads up though. I'm not familiar with the FSI setup.

Thanks for the info! :w00t:

crashdb

Go Kart Champion
Anyone know where I could find a TSI cover? I've seen one on eBay (from China), but am very apprehensive about getting one from there.