GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Enter @ Own Risk

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
By doing that they would put even more pressure on the other car companies to try and make a better car cause right now most of the competitors are fwd cars like for example the Ford Focus RS and the new Renaultsport Megane 250.

Renault has tried that with there extreme versions of the megan it only sells in small numbers. things liked stripped out interiors and plastic windows.

VW are not the company to go down those routes. It would devalue what they have tried to build up as a brand since 83.
Now if you were talking about SEAT than i could see this happening as there suppose to be the extreme sport side of the VW empire.

GTI2007

I don't think VW would do a totally stripped out car. Just the necessary stuff to keep the weight gain with the AWD setup as low as possible

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
My car would be chipped at least to get rid of the limiter
Thats upto you but myself as someone who often due to work has had to driving on german unrestricted motorways for nearly 20 years i don't see the point myself.
Maybe its an age thing.

I don't think VW would do a totally stripped out car. Just the necessary stuff to keep the weight gain with the AWD setup as low as possible

In that case there not going to save much and due to the huge torque these units have its not going to effect performance much if any at all. Pojntless marketing thing then.
What they do need to sort out is the steering feel of the haldex equipped cars thats the main thing they have to do.

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
Anyone know were else is good place for also keeping upto date with mk6 info and rumours?
Anyone found any German sites for example with lots of photos and info?

Mk6 GTI In Germany

Can order from Week 10
Manufacturing starts week 14
XENONS available from week 22 :mad:

Last edited:

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
I need some more mk6 sites i have a hunger to feed.
Anyone know of any other sites to keep an eye on?

GTI2007

I just read somewhere that VW is not going to call the successor of the R32 the R20 but most likely the R-GTI