GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Entering the world of VW

Min

Hi guys,

Yesterday, I have just bought a new Mk6 Golf.
Not only is this the first golf I will have owned.
It will be my first ever VW.
Not only is it my first every VW,
but actually it will be my first car.

Well strictly speaking thats not actually true.
I'm 22 and until now, the cars I have been driving for the last few years I'm embarrassed to say has been at my parent's expense
I have owned a mini before which was bought for me by my father.
I have had a BMW 330i, which was my fathers old car before he part exchanged my mini for an X5.
And now I don't have a car and drive my mum's car when i need it.

What I mean by my first car is that it is the first car I am buying my self now that I am working.

After having looked, researched and test driven many cars recently.
No other car within my budget came anywhere near the new golf.

So yesterday I have entered a finance deal for a brand new Mk6 golf.

As I eagerly anticipate the delivery of my new car and the day I become yet another proud owner of a VW golf, I just couldn't wait and decided to join this forum to read what others have to say on the car and share their thoughts.

So I would really appreciate a warm welcome for me, a first timer for golf, VW and owning a car.

Min :)

SapphireRaven

Welcome to the site! I too have never owned a VW. I currently am leasing a 2007 honda civic coupe, which i got and pay for myself. So once my lease is up i am going and getting a new mk6. im super excited and heard nothing but great things about the car. Welcome!

Min

My golf specifications :)

Golf GT 1.4 TSI 160PS
5 Door
7 speed DSG automatic
Deep Black Pearl Paint
Standard Titan Black 'Alcantara' Upholstery
Standard 17" 'Porto' Alloy Wheels
DVD Touch-screen navigation/radio system
Convenience Pack
Luxury Pack (Heated and electronically folding wing mirrors)
Storage Pack
Parking Sensors
Bluetooth Telephone preparation
Winter pack (heated seats, Headlight washers and heated windscreen washer)
Dyna-audio system

Min

Welcome to the site! I too have never owned a VW. I currently am leasing a 2007 honda civic coupe, which i got and pay for myself. So once my lease is up i am going and getting a new mk6. im super excited and heard nothing but great things about the car. Welcome!

Thanks!

I'm super excited too,
Both excited waiting for the new golf
and also excited at the prospect of owning a car for the first time,
Although it's going to take 3 years to pay off :laugh:

Purie

Passed Driver's Ed
Perfect spec's, black on black :) Congrats. Post some pic's when she comes in. And let us know what you think of the 7sp DSG.

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
Enjoy,
I have had more VW cars than i care to think in the past 20 years and may become a mk6 owner in the future. We currently are runing a mk5 GTI, mk1 GTI and a modified mk2 GTI16V.
Quite a nice high spec you have gone for.
Im sure you will like the dynaudio system as its a bi step up fom the standard system imo,

Last edited:

Min

Once the car comes out, i'll make sure you guys get more than enough photos :)

It's quite weird though, there are photos of most colours floating around the web, but i haven't seen any photos in the deep black pearl

any one have any around?

Min

It's only been just over a week since my car went into order, and I'm dying of anticipation already.

So a couple of new questions, since i know next to none about things like these.

I want to do a couple of cheap improvements for the car once it comes out, nothing that is going to alter the car. Something like changing the air filter to a more breathable one.

Which Air filter is the best to buy for the golf?

Also what other things is there to do along the similar level as changing the air filter.

Thanks guys :)