GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

euro switch, rear fogs, coming home...confused

new 2

Passed Driver's Ed
first off i will start off saying that i looked around but didnt see any threads that answer all these questions but if there are, if you can point me in the right direction i will be happy to shut up.

i'm still pretty new to mk6s, i picked my '13 tdi up at the end of august. been trying to read up on these but cant seem to find a lot of the answers, or get multiple answers leading to more confusion, so figured i would ask them all in one place.

i picked up a euro switch cheap from a friend, it has drl, auto, parking light and on. i just want to be able to run my fogs with teh headlights turned off.

1. its my understanding that the switch + this wire http://www.dbcperformance.com/000979009E_p/000979009e.htm will allow that, i've seen a few write ups. ive also seen this wire in write ups for euro r/etc tails with rear fogs. is it the same wire to the same place that serves this function for both? on ecs its listed as the wire for rear fogs but its listed in a write up for front as well so i'm assuming the same wire to the same two pins serves the same function for front and rear fogs with a euro switch?

2. what exactly is "coming home" and "leaving home"? it was somewhat explained to me but the person wasn't totally sure. i was also told by the seller that the switch he sold me had functions for that but he had a mk5, which leads to my next question:

3. i was informed that at least for the six you must have xenons in order to run coming/leaving home, is this true or no? i've heard mixed answers.

4. i know that i will have to have it recoded for coming/leaving home, i don't think i need to in order to have headlights off/fogs on correct? but i eventually want r tails with rear fogs, can anyone point me in the direction of any threads with the coding info?

thanks in advance guys :)

new 2

Passed Driver's Ed
I guess you missed the part where i said i searched and found conflicting information or little at all, but thanks for not reading the whole thing and attempting to show me up.

I guess you missed the part where i said i searched and found conflicting information or little at all, but thanks for not reading the whole thing and attempting to show me up.

beggers can't be choosers. you didn't search "hard" enough. try google, it does wonders when you put :sitegolfmk6: *enter question/keyword*.

new 2

Passed Driver's Ed
Generally speaking, you catch more flies with sugar than vinegar.

That said, try this Google search for threads I participated in re: Euro Switch ( & CH/LH, etc)

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=site:golfmk6.com+"tim+s"+"euro+switch"
and
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=site:golfmk6.com+"tim+s"+"coming+home"

i'm well versed in forum dickishness so i don't usually take to it well. just asking some questions i couldn't find answers to because well, isn't that why we ask questions? seems it would be easier to just...nevermind.

some things never change i guess.

and the saying is honey rather than vinegar, not sugar.

mk6monster

Go Kart Champion
Who gives a shit if he wants to ask the same question a million times? I forgot they hired you as the forum police... just answer his question or don't post if it bothers you so much

not looking to argue just saying.. :iono: