GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurojet Catless Downpipe to Magnaflow Catback

BrandNew1

Ready to race!
Just installed the catback today. I got it from exhaustexhaust, because the deal was too good to resist. The sound is amazing paired with the EJ catless downpipe. VERY deep and throaty, and it gurgles very nicely. :D

I did a very quick video of one tiny rev, and one to 4k tonight. Tomorrow I'll have a much longer video of it revving, however no drive byes because our roads are 2 feet deep in snow.

I haven't seen any threads of this combination, but is anyone else running EJ (catless) downpipe to Magnaflow catback?

Oh, and the video is not a cold start.

qshashaa

Ready to race!
loving it,lol i got my exhaust from that website too it was like 420 sumthing and free shipping, hows the eurojet though? im really thinking bout getting a eurojet DP , ill post some pics of my magnaflow CB soon :p

xGaspy

Go Kart Champion
^keeps coming up for me as $486 shipped. How'd you get it to $420

they must have raised the price back up. a bunch of us got lucky when Focal announced the deal (thanks again for that!) and it was $424 shipped.

keep checking, but even at $486, it's still a great deal compared to retail.

BrandNew1

Ready to race!
^keeps coming up for me as $486 shipped. How'd you get it to $420

Email the guy, that's what I did, and he put the price back down. I highly recommend him. Best price, quick shipping (to Canada), and good packing.

BoilerDub

Passed Driver's Ed
That sounds fantastic!

shadow29

Ready to race!
they must have just raised the price in the past week or so. I ordered mine last Thursday from them & paid $424 shipped.

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
magnaflow bolts up to any DP that reduces to stock size at the DP/catback junction. so if your DP works with a stock catback, it works with a magnaflow.

ryanrich1

Ready to race!
Sounds very nice! I have a similar DP to the Eurojet catless, so also want to get the Magnaflow catback when spending money is an option again... :p

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
Would this combo work with stage II or is it too restrictive?

lol too restrictive? it's a 3'' pipe from the turbo back to the split where it goes into 2.5'' duals. No cats, no resonators, and only one muffler. There is nothing restrictive about this setup.

gtipwnz

Ready to race!
lol too restrictive? it's a 3'' pipe from the turbo back to the split where it goes into 2.5'' duals. No cats, no resonators, and only one muffler. There is nothing restrictive about this setup.

Thanks for the answer; I didn't really consider that it didn't have a cat or resonator. Isn't that really loud then? I'm trying to figure out my setup before the APR steal is over with. If I kept cats and resonators to keep the noise to a minimum, would it still be alright to have a 3" downpipe to a 2.5" catback? Wouldn't that bottleneck at the end be a little more restrictive than a full 3" turbo-back setup?

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
i've heard a full 2.5'' exhaust is good to like 350whp. I have a similar setup to the OP and I love it. It's noticeable when driving but not much drone unless you're going uphill in 6th gear, but when you get it on it really makes some noise. it's not b16 vtec loud, but rather tasteful.