GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

F23T Technical Info Compilation Thread

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Made it to the dyno yesterday, again not a great experience but you can read my post in my build thread about that. Dyno Dynamics 308whp/290wtq

Comparison output for dyno jet #s 348hp and I forgot to check the torque. You can watch the clips in my build thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shaolinmastr

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm a bit surprised at the lower tq numbers here. I would really have thought more there. We're their any other cars there that day to compare as far as how high/low the dyno reads?

I'll be back to the dyno hopefully this week. Did some more tweaking. It's holding boost waaay better now.

FriggenT1

Banned
Made it to the dyno yesterday, again not a great experience but you can read my post in my build thread about that. Dyno Dynamics 308whp/290wtq

Comparison output for dyno jet #s 348hp and I forgot to check the torque. You can watch the clips in

On dyno dynamics those aren't bad numbers. Compare k04 charts to various dynojet numbers and you won't see 348 whp. For comparison (I know I know they're all different) my friends Evo runs a 12 flat, spinning through first and second and did 383 on a dynojet 330/330 on a heartbreaker MD.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
Gents I have a couple questions:

1. The block off plate for the f23t is the SAI Plate correct?
2. Can I use Grambles k04 DIY to install an f23t? Is there any difference outside of not have to do a dv relocation?

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
I bought mine used and had it refurb. It did not come with the block off plate. That's why I wanted to make sure I was going to get the correct plate.

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Where you been Mike?

Mine is IE too, all kits use IE as far as I know.

Lol busy with life I guess. How's your car running?Mine is still running great. I've got suspension on the way and some summer tires. Hopefully this is enough to get me in the 12s but I may need an R compound to really launch the car but with ~5 miles on them so far it's vastly improved in all scenarios.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Ordered a kit from Doug about three weeks ago. Unfortunately they are on back order, but I'm okay with that at the moment as it gives me time to gather everything I need for the install.. Aside from the block off plate is there any non factory parts I need?

Is the F23T compatible with an aftermarket TOP? I'm currently running the AWE S3 TOP..

Thanks..

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Your TOP should work fine. The block off plate was included in my kit. I'm not sure if I paid extra for that or not as I did buy the install kit from him at the same time. I believe he is also including the F-Top with these now but I haven't followed too closely since I installed mine.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Your TOP should work fine. The block off plate was included in my kit. I'm not sure if I paid extra for that or not as I did buy the install kit from him at the same time. I believe he is also including the F-Top with these now but I haven't followed too closely since I installed mine.

Thanks for the quick response.. I didn't get the install kit as I work at a Porsche/Audi dealer and can get all the hardware and gaskets, etc.. Will the block off plate linked above do the job?

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
Ordered a kit from Doug about three weeks ago. Unfortunately they are on back order, but I'm okay with that at the moment as it gives me time to gather everything I need for the install.. Aside from the block off plate is there any non factory parts I need?

Is the F23T compatible with an aftermarket TOP? I'm currently running the AWE S3 TOP..

Thanks..

There is no non factory parts you will need for the install. I'm using these two guides to help me through this process:

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66010

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30086

My understanding is the f23t is literally a k04 that's just tweaked a bit, but these guides have part #'s of all the shit you will need in regard to the installation kit. It's all OEM stuff. I'm still debating on whether I will be going over the top or under the vehicle to remove the turbo. Since I do not have a lift, over the top sounds preferable to me.