GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Favorite Small Mods

Fantasiamon

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks! How difficult is it to swap?

I won't lie its kind of a pain in the arse. Getting the trim separated from the leather is the hard part and then getting the new trim back on the leather is also a trial in patience, finesse and a little bit of delicate force. It's not for the easily spooked because it's pretty easy to snap the plastic trim that keeps the leather boot attached to the trim. It's not as simple as just popping and swapping the trim.

Sent using TapaTapaTalkeeTalk

LateAPXR

Ready to race!
My trim ring came in and turns out its the same as the one I already have, anybody want a New South gauge trim ring for like $5 shipped?

Sure man, why not. I'll give it a try. I'll shoot you a PM.

Wrecksigge

Passed Driver's Ed
I won't lie its kind of a pain in the arse. Getting the trim separated from the leather is the hard part and then getting the new trim back on the leather is also a trial in patience, finesse and a little bit of delicate force. It's not for the easily spooked because it's pretty easy to snap the plastic trim that keeps the leather boot attached to the trim. It's not as simple as just popping and swapping the trim.

Awwwe... I was hoping the leather was just stapled to the trim somehow

MK6 Shizz

Ready to race!
Saw someone try this before but with 1/4" tape and covered the silver. Decided to give it a shot with 1/8" tape bordering the silver. Looks aight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For a simple mod, this came out pretty nice!

Danny3.2

(F)AWD but not Quattro :(
I swapped over my battery from my previous Audi into the GTI at the dealership before taking it home. Odyssey PC925, 11 lbs. 6.6 x 7 x 5.8 inches
so it is a "small" mod in my book!

Dj dunns

Passed Driver's Ed
That's Danny! To be honest it took a few days to get used to but I'm liking it.

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
That's Danny! To be honest it took a few days to get used to but I'm liking it.

I saw this type thing on the 2015 gli and went searching and saw your post too. I decide to join in using the 1/8" stuff. Looks good imo. Thanks for the inspiration.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426620611.086715.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426620633.743894.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426620642.412020.jpg

chip1

Ready to race!
Where did you buy the red 1/8" tape? Link?

Last edited:

Dj dunns

Passed Driver's Ed
Just noticed that says silver. But they had red, silver and black in store