GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fluffy's Build Thread

nakenyon

Go Kart Champion
Picked up my GTI in July '11. Resisted the mod bug for as long as I could. Henceforth will be the chronicles of my GTI's life.

Suspension
KW v1 Coilovers

Exterior
Thule Roof Rack
Fogs Tinted (Yellow translucent Oracal film)
mk6 GTI plaid rear badge vinyl insert

Last edited:

nakenyon

Go Kart Champion
Got the coils on finally. Need to adjust the rears a bit, but overall pretty happy.

Attachments

• GTI.jpg
    GTI.jpg
    352.3 KB · Views: 1,093

nakenyon

Go Kart Champion
KW v1 Coilovers

Picked up a set of KW v1 coilovers with a little over 9K miles on them this weekend because the cheap set of FK Streetlines are shot.

In the air for the install

Finished product. Have since settled and sits pretty level now. Alot less rake. Just need some minor adjustments before I go for an alignment.

Kyle805

Ready to race!
Looks good dude, never thought of putting the yellow film over the mirror blinker. Also how do you like the v1s? I'm looking to but a set within the next few days and I wanna make sure I'm making the right call. You think I could get a 24 3/4 FTG comfortably with them too?

nakenyon

Go Kart Champion
Wrapping the mirrors was a spur of the moment thing - changes the orange of the flasher just ever so slightly. Looks nice IMO.

As for the KW v1s - I'm sitting right around 24" FTG on all corners. I think the ride is nice, definitely much more firm then stock, but still comfortable. At 24.75", they would be great.

Sent from my iPhone 5 via Witchcraft

nakenyon

Go Kart Champion
Slammed into a sign on my way home from work Wednesday morning. Did $4200 in damage. Without her for around 3 weeks per the body shop.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373682760.327479.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373682823.126205.jpg

Moretti

Ready to race!
Damn...

What about sign condition :) ?

nakenyon

Go Kart Champion
Damn...

What about sign condition :) ?

The sign held up remarkably well. It just had a gangsta lean now. I'll get a pic on my way home tomorrow.

That was just from hitting a sign? Jesus.

Yup. I got out and was like...Damn. I went down a slight embankment as well, I think that may have been what ripped the bumper cover off.

nakenyon

Go Kart Champion
Upgrading to LED tails I assume? :thumbsup:

:lol: at the fuck shit up sticker

Considering upgrading yes. It would be a good excuse.

all of that was from a sign? how did that go down?

Came around a curve. Was too far off to the left hand side of the road and one of my wheels got off the road and I over corrected and went back across the road and hit the sign while going sideways.