GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

flutter noise

Mk6R2NV

hello, so i bought a car that had a flutter turbo noise, it had a spacer on the dv so i took that out but still makes the noise, it came with a cts intake, the seller told me its from that but i thought u had to add a blow off valve or something to get the flutter pigeon noise, so is there a blow off somwhere around the turbo?> i found the dv is in front of the motor so super easy to get at.. since i took off the spacer it isnt as loud but still there. any one have ideas?

JOHNDERS2586

Ready to race!
I am assuming this is a golf R right? If it had a spacer its possible it was a vent to atmosphere spacer which would give you noise, did it have an open port on it?.. If it has/had a spacer like a GFB DV+ that would also give you a little more or slightly different noise then the stock DV alone, a lot of guys run those.. Yes the intake will make these noises louder even on a stock car. Its not uncommon to hear the diverter valve..

Mk6R2NV

i have a GOlf R and the Dv is by the intake, i just put a enclosed intake and got a gfb diverter and took spacer out and it still flutters so i give up