GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Focus ST First Drive (Taking Stabs at the GTI)

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
No matter what horsepower it says on paper or how futuristic the interior looks...,it's still a Ford FUCKUS. I mean Focus. LOL

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I guess Ford hate is expected on a VW forum.

Other forums keep slamming VWs as unreliable POS chick cars. :laugh:

Halvie

WOOSA
The hate here is amazing, especially considering none of you have even driven the damn thing. You guys sound like the same idiots claiming the MK7 GTI is going to suck.

integrated intercooler / turbo integrated into the head sounds promising to you lol? Can only imagine the swiftness which aftermarket parts will be released.

HangAWang

Ready to race!
Yeah, there is a lot of hate here. Reminds of when I used to hang around the Evolutionm boards. The way I look at it, It never hurts to have a car company step up their game and give the Gti a run for it's money. It will push VW to continue to innovate and improve the Gti and keep costs down. Since when is that a bad thing????

Halvie

WOOSA
Yeah, there is a lot of hate here. Reminds of when I used to hang around the Evolutionm boards. The way I look at it, It never hurts to have a car company step up their game and give the Gti a run for it's money. It will push VW to continue to innovate and improve the Gti and keep costs down. Since when is that a bad thing????

x1000000000000000

same way I look at the different tuning companies. Having everyone aside from APR not release a bt kit does nothing to push APR to develop further.

am enjoying all the ford reliability bashing. VW really is the epitome of automobile reliability.

BoomBoy

Ready to race!
x1000000000000000

same way I look at the different tuning companies. Having everyone aside from APR not release a bt kit does nothing to push APR to develop further.

am enjoying all the ford reliability bashing. VW really is the epitome of automobile reliability.

This. The irony is too great.

HangAWang

Ready to race!
x1000000000000000

:drinking: Cheers to that

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

Just to back this up with some facts... according to that graph an average VW is 35% more likely to have an issue as an average Ford.

ATC2

Ready to race!
Hey new kid in the play ground, cool... Lets play...! :D

PS: I wouldn't underestimate this car, I'm just saying...

Halvie

WOOSA

Just to back this up with some facts... according to that graph an average VW is 35% more likely to have an issue as an average Ford.

well when you can't put together an arm rest that doesn't get permanent indentations after a month I guess we shouldn't expect much from the rest of the car...

canuckcharlie

Ready to race!
I wonder if all that power driving the front wheels is just too much. Mazdaspeed 3 seemed to be a good example. Balance is everything.

But i am glad there's more sport compacts/hot hatches coming out. I thought this market is pretty dead a few years ago.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I think 250 is right about the cut-off 300+ is most likely too much if my Honda Accord V6 experience was any indication.