GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Focus ST vs GTI

Paytrose

Ready to race!
I raced a chick at the track with an ST, not sure if she was stock or tuned but she barely edged my Stage 1 GLI on a couple runs. She was doing consistent 14.3s and I think I did a 14.5 that run but I did manage to run a couple 14.2s that night
Did you sup ma her?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Too bad the dealerships are out of their minds and setting the price to the RS's in the mid to upper 40's.... same thing is going to happen with the type R. dealerships will mark it up like 10k just because its new to the US.

Golf R looks like a much better buy over both of them.

MKZee

Passed Driver's Ed
i didn't read this whole thread but I'd like to weigh in; a ST W/ a TBE intake and tune isn't nothing to shake your head at, for sure. I'm currently ripping a STG 1 MK7 W/PP DSG. From a 30 roll his car kept up pretty well. Around 70MPH i started to walk away from him. I only pushed it to 100 considering the distance at that time. I imagine my previous set up on my MK6 wouldn't have held as well.. My tuner informed me that I'd be able to take a K04 MK6 with the MK7 STG 1 so..

One thing i will say is MAN! I wish i put a wavetrac in my MK6.. Maybe i wouldn't have sold it.

MKZee

Passed Driver's Ed
Too bad the dealerships are out of their minds and setting the price to the RS's in the mid to upper 40's.... same thing is going to happen with the type R. dealerships will mark it up like 10k just because its new to the US.

Golf R looks like a much better buy over both of them.

I couldn't buy an RS.. I understand that the GOLF R is a GTI on the inside, for the most part but at least they try to differentiate it with color accents and what have you. but it's only a 8K hike.. MK7 GTI SPORT --> Base R

the RS feels like a focus ST on the inside with a 12K price jump not to mention the interior between either the ST or RS is nothing i'm personally fond of.. maybe my mind would change after ripping around in one bc in seems more like the EVO, going for the whole "drivers car" thing.

Despite all the problems i had with my MK6 (pretty much anything that commonly broke on a 2011, broke) and i went though 3 different clutches, not out of excessive abuse either.. Anyway, my point is my next car will be a MK8 R... I still love the MK7 though...

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
i didn't read this whole thread but I'd like to weigh in; a ST W/ a TBE intake and tune isn't nothing to shake your head at, for sure. I'm currently ripping a STG 1 MK7 W/PP DSG. From a 30 roll his car kept up pretty well. Around 70MPH i started to walk away from him. I only pushed it to 100 considering the distance at that time. I imagine my previous set up on my MK6 wouldn't have held as well.. My tuner informed me that I'd be able to take a K04 MK6 with the MK7 STG 1 so..

Ill take that challenge :)

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Ill take that challenge :)

Yeah, I'd beg to differ there. The Mk7 Gti is faster than the Mk6... but not that much. I'm confident that I could take a stage 1 Mk7 GTi with my stage 2 Mk6.

Golf R is a different story.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, I'd beg to differ there. The Mk7 Gti is faster than the Mk6... but not that much. I'm confident that I could take a stage 1 Mk7 GTi with my stage 2 Mk6.

Golf R is a different story.

I highly highly doubt that. I have a JB1 (Not even flash tune) MK7 and it puts buses on my brothers Stage 2 MK6. Track times back this up.

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
I highly highly doubt that. I have a JB1 (Not even flash tune) MK7 and it puts buses on my brothers Stage 2 MK6. Track times back this up.

I'd be happy to race any mk7 gti stage 1 or 2 to see where they stack against a mk6 k04. No ego here... just a friendly race. Anyone in socal you guys may know

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
I'd be happy to race any mk7 gti stage 1 or 2 to see where they stack against a mk6 k04. No ego here... just a friendly race. Anyone in socal you guys may know

Hmmm not that I can think of off the top of my head. A K04 MK6 is a great race for a Stage 1/2 MK7. There's a video or two of K04 cars pulling a bit on the MK7's, but that was in the dark days when people were running beta files. Now post updates the APR, Eurodyne HT cars are around ~320 whp.

As for the guy that thinks a Stage 2 MK6 can beat a Stage 1/2 MK7, yea... that's not happening.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
I still don't think a stage 1 mk7 GTi is beating a K04 Mk6 Gti. Even at stage 2.... still think the K04 mk6 would win up top. Not many videos on youtube so who knows.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
I still don't think a stage 1 mk7 GTi is beating a K04 Mk6 Gti. Even at stage 2.... still think the K04 mk6 would win up top. Not many videos on youtube so who knows.

Yeah there's not too many videos on it especially since the new tunes came out. Here's an out one that basically head to head the whole time with a K04 MK6 GLI:

Basically you aren't touching a Stage 1 MK7 with a K03 car. In the same way that a K03 car is going to get pulled on hard by a K04 car.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
From my experience with two friends, both have DSG and APR tunes, A stage 2 mk6 with bolt ons can pull on a stage 1 mk7 (If you have traction under control) until around 70-80mph where they will start to gap us by a good amount. A MK7 with stage 2 and just a downpipe will pull on a fully bolted/meth stage 2 MK6 pretty hard (Several Bus lengths).

fast2ghl

Ready to race!

One thing i will say is MAN! I wish i put a wavetrac in my MK6.. Maybe i wouldn't have sold it.

Come at me brah. Your Stg 1 MK7 will not be taking this k04 ;)

Mk7 Stg 1 and 2 are damn strong for what they are not denying that, but I can't see a Stg 1 MK7 taking a k04 car....