GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

For those running Fogs as DTRLs...

Imbroglio1

Passed Driver's Ed
I noticed the other day when I turned off the car and mistakenly left my lights on (fogs too)...that the HIDs project a small amount of light under the 'main' bulb. It was night and I thought the effect was really cool.

So to my question...for those of you who've used VAGCOM to turn off the main HIDs and run Fogs as the DTRLs, are those 'secondary' lights within the main HID housing also lit whislt driving?

If so I think I want to do that mod because it looked pretty menacing IMO.

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
Are you talking about the city lights...? The little light under the HID's? That one is run via a separate bulb entirely.

Like this? (Not my car).

Imbroglio1

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes...those are the ones.

Edit: Though I think the prolonged exposure time in that pic makes them seem much brighter than they actually are IRL.

Last edited:

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
Yes...those are the ones.

Edit: Though I think the prolonged exposure time in that pic makes them seem much brighter than they actually are IRL.

I do believe that he changed them out with extra-bright LEDs. The stock lights are much yellower than that.

You can get them to come on like that with some fiddling with VAG-COM and a Euro switch.

Imbroglio1

Passed Driver's Ed
I do believe that he changed them out with extra-bright LEDs. The stock lights are much yellower than that.

You can get them to come on like that with some fiddling with VAG-COM and a Euro switch.

Cool, thanks. :w00t:

HOLLIS

Ready to race!

This correct, I had mine done.

gtipwnz

Ready to race!
Yes, those are the city lights.
Does anyone have a pic of a GTI with halogens with a LED city light replacement? I have halogens because I couldn't find a GTI without leather, with sunroof and Dynaudio, with the Bi-xenons. Otherwise I would have gotten them. Damn it does look good with that LED replacement.

Bigbird

Ready to race!
I got that mod done by PG performance. it looks great. With the euro switch, you have them on as a parking lite by itself or you can have them on with the fogs. I think it looks great at nite.