GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ford releases factory tune w/ warranty for Focus ST

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
yeah, Z - I think there is even a newer one that is even more "racey" looking, but they are actually getting good reviews and are supposed to be good for safety, etc. They run about the same price as the highline Britax, etc., so it can be sellable to the wife... not mine, doe :lol:

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Good work on the wives guys.. then you can get a Recaro baby seat down the line with no questions asked, when the time arises ;) they are baller.

i have one in my closet. never even used it yet. its decent?

Bluesy

Ready to race!
But our interior....

Seriously though, I kinda want to see a Stage 2 GTI vs. an ST with this tune. Price seems about the same for the two.

Bender1

Banned
But our interior....

Seriously though, I kinda want to see a Stage 2 GTI vs. an ST with this tune. Price seems about the same for the two.

It would be pretty damn close. ST would be superior in the suspension department but the GTI may be a bit faster.

Boomzackalacka

Passed Driver's Ed
Agreed on the interior. GTIs is way nicer. Although I wouldn't mind tacking the ST for a spin to see how it compares

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bluesy

Ready to race!
I was semi joking about the interior haha, but it is probably a bit more luxurious to be honest.

When I was deciding between the gti and the focus st about 8 months ago, I thought the ST felt a bit cramped inside. The recaros were a bit too much of a bolster for a daily driver, and the ST center console is huge. It was fun to drive though, that's for sure. Just wouldn't have been too great for a daily driver IMO. Torque steer was much more noticeable in the ST as well, but that's probably cause it has like 50 more pounds of torque.

Bender1

Banned
Agreed on the interior. GTIs is way nicer. Although I wouldn't mind tacking the ST for a spin to see how it compares

My ST3 Focus is nicer than an Autobahn GTI. The Base GTI is light years better than an ST1 Focus.

Bluesy

Ready to race!
My ST3 Focus is nicer than an Autobahn GTI. The Base GTI is light years better than an ST1 Focus.

What does the ST3 trim level have? Recaros and the touch screen premium radio?

Bluesy

Ready to race!
Yup - Full leather Reccaros (not the two tone ones) and My Ford Touch (which is a preference thing).

That is the one I test drove as well (minus the leather). I would say that interior has more bells and whistles for sure compared to the middle level GTI, but IMO it's about even compared to the autobahn.

Don't you agree though on the focus being more cramped? It sure seemed like there wasn't as much usable space in the ST (trunk, back seat, etc).

Bender1

Banned
That is the one I test drove as well (minus the leather). I would say that interior has more bells and whistles for sure compared to the middle level GTI, but IMO it's about even compared to the autobahn.

Don't you agree though on the focus being more cramped? It sure seemed like there wasn't as much usable space in the ST (trunk, back seat, etc).

It definitely is a TINY bit smaller. I don't find the seats constricting so I think the "cramped" feeling doesn't translate to me. Note that I also wanted something smaller than the GTI and was originally in the BRZ range.

Boomzackalacka

Passed Driver's Ed
I was semi joking about the interior haha, but it is probably a bit more luxurious to be honest.

When I was deciding between the gti and the focus st about 8 months ago, I thought the ST felt a bit cramped inside. The recaros were a bit too much of a bolster for a daily driver, and the ST center console is huge. It was fun to drive though, that's for sure. Just wouldn't have been too great for a daily driver IMO. Torque steer was much more noticeable in the ST as well, but that's probably cause it has like 50 more pounds of torque.

Thanks for making me looking like an idiot about the interior haha but yes the base ST isn't as nice as the GTI. As the trims go up they do get better.