GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

forget the "R the RS-3

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Nice, but expensive, and not coming here. As for 3.8 secs to 60mph, I have not seen that number yet - if that's true, goddamn.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
oh, and where's all the haters on here that bitch and moan about cars that are concepts or not coming here? LULZ...

Halvie

WOOSA
oh, and where's all the haters on here that bitch and moan about cars that are concepts or not coming here? LULZ...

I am one of those people :) Would buy this car in a second if it came here.

Please give the next R this motor. Detuned, or not.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I am one of those people :) Would buy this car in a second if it came here.

Please give the next R this motor. Detuned, or not.

no no, I meant those that complain about even posting them here. I would buy it too and YES, this motor sounds GLORIOUS.

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
Audi has been pulling out the stops lately, the A8 is pretty sweet. I think the manufacturers benefit from having these cars around, it raises the credibility of the whole brand. Would the 3 series be the same without the M3, or the golf without the gti? The A3 is nice, but it feels pedestrian, this RS3 is sweet.

bozaman

Ready to race!
had the rs3 been available in the usa when i bought my gti, i probably would have bought the rs3. even with the dsg being the only available transmission. this car simply rocks.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
I just jizzed a little bit in my pants....

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
Nice, but expensive, and not coming here. As for 3.8 secs to 60mph, I have not seen that number yet - if that's true, goddamn.

TT-RS in Car & Driver test had the 0-60 time in 3.6 sec.....which I think is essentially the same bits underneath as this...

I'd definitely want the RS3 more than TT...Though I am sure if this thing ever makes it to US it won't have those seats...

Schn3ll1

Passed Driver's Ed
If the car does come to the US it will not be $50k, think mid-60's. And the DSG is the tranny that achieves the 0-60 of under 4.0sec will not be available for the US (6-speed manual only). So the 0-60 numbers are roughly low to mid 4sec for an outrageously overpriced econobox... I would look elsewhere, that is M3 money.

RAYZGTI

Ready to race!

u need to be up on your facts jack,:happyanim:..........it is coming here 2013 along with a A-7 as well check out the articles in carndriver mag this month........has all the info u want as well as a full story on the R golf thats coming in JAN. bad news is they are already bashing it, saying its overpriced and to slow compaired to the STI and EVO............AWE WELL seems like its hard to get critics to like VW stil idk??????

t'sGTI

Go Kart Champion
Definitely a nice car but I can't get past the
Audi front end/grill, just too large for my taste.

x_paradoxal_x

Ready to race!
Manual yeah, but not the 2 door. After purchasing a 2 door, I didn't realize how much regret I would have. I never thought I would be carrying people all the time lol. Love this car though!

I read that Audi IS NOT offering the RS 3 in a manual gearbox. This one is DSG/CVT whatever Audi calls it. I was so stoked for this car and then I found out it wasn't going to have a proper manual. But that is for the European market. I also had no idea this would even get mentioned to come to the US. Come on, what American is going to drop 50 grand+ on a hot hatch? There can't be many here. Not to mention, we don't even have a proper S3! And VW-Audi group would be competing with their own Golf R.

With a manual, I would sell my two cars, and my house if need be, to afford this car. Seriously, my new dream car.

Aside from that, my god is that car sexy. I thought the S3 was good looking, but this takes it to a whole new level! Those wheels!!

A3 = Ugly car
S3 = Sexy car
S3 > GTI (in my opinion)

If the Euro lineup of the A3/S3/RS3 was available in the US, I'd consider it over the GTI. But the fact that the GTI and base A3 are very similar cars, the fact that the A3 is not as pretty as the GTI, and the fact that it is much more expensive is not appealing to me. They offer a diesel, the same 2.0 TDI in the Golf, but it is much more expensive, and offers no manual gearbox. A diesel is best with a manual.

Anyways it almost seems that in America, VW-Audi group "wants you to buy" the GTI/Golf. In Europe however, it is a much different story.

Last edited:

Halvie

WOOSA
If the car does come to the US it will not be $50k, think mid-60's. And the DSG is the tranny that achieves the 0-60 of under 4.0sec will not be available for the US (6-speed manual only). So the 0-60 numbers are roughly low to mid 4sec for an outrageously overpriced econobox... I would look elsewhere, that is M3 money.

People have already confirmed the TTRS to be $58k, or under. How do you suppose that the RS3 will be more expensive than the TTRS?

u need to be up on your facts jack,:happyanim:..........it is coming here 2013 along with a A-7 as well check out the articles in carndriver mag this month........has all the info u want as well as a full story on the R golf thats coming in JAN. bad news is they are already bashing it, saying its overpriced and to slow compaired to the STI and EVO............AWE WELL seems like its hard to get critics to like VW stil idk??????

Thought the new A3 sedan was in 2013. If not how far away is that thing? A3 needs a refresh...

Last edited:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

crazy - not sure which mag had it, but their's said no plans for US sale. if its coming here tho, cool! :w00t: