GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Free Hatch Pop!

Heretic:GTI

Ready to race!
I did this before buying the ecs kit, flipping the bracket and smaller ball mounts, the ecs kit is way better. It works everytime when warm out, 90% when it's cold. The DIY mod never worked for me when it was cold. To close the hatch I just push down on the taillight, works fine with no touching of paint.

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
I did this before buying the ecs kit, flipping the bracket and smaller ball mounts, the ecs kit is way better. It works everytime when warm out, 90% when it's cold. The DIY mod never worked for me when it was cold. To close the hatch I just push down on the taillight, works fine with no touching of paint.

Yeah..If he small studs don't give me consistent operation, I'll measure the spring rate of the stock struts and order firmer ones. I have a source that offers them in 10 lb increments for about $15 each..

Heretic:GTI

Ready to race!
Yeah..If he small studs don't give me consistent operation, I'll measure the spring rate of the stock struts and order firmer ones. I have a source that offers them in 10 lb increments for about $15 each..

If it never gets really cold where you are, you should be fine. Mine worked just like the ecs kit, till the temp dropped...

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
damn you pro. can't wait to see the results :thumbsup:

Turns out switching to the short studs makes this work reliable every time with my stock struts.

Swap the stud out to change the angle:

If, by chance you get some running (mine was barely touching), just add a piece of Vinyl tape at that area, or a small wrap of electrical tape around the Gas tube if you don't have matching tape.:

Works reliably now for a total cost of about $10.

Last edited:

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
Last edited:

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
At one point I was thinking about doing this mod but after reading about the issues, I opted for the ESC kit instead. It took less than 15min from start to finish. Having the right tools (and watching their video) made it so easy.

fatty@golfmk6.com

Go Kart Champion
At one point I was thinking about doing this mod but after reading about the issues, I opted for the ESC kit instead. It took less than 15min from start to finish. Having the right tools (and watching their video) made it so easy.

i'm sure it works fine. I just want to know how it holds up during the winter time

rc0224

Ready to race!
anyone got this mod done with the kit.... im trying to do mine with the kit right now...finished installation....and it still doesnt work....keep pressing my key fob as hell and...it stays put...wont open unless i flip on the tailgate -_-

Last edited:

AndyH

Passed Driver's Ed
anyone got this mod done with the kit.... im trying to do mine with the kit right now...finished installation....and it still doesnt work....keep pressing my key fob as hell and...it stays put...wont open unless i flip on the tailgate -_-

Are you holding the hatch button down for a few seconds? I don't have this installed myself yet as the ECS kit is on the way, but I read that you need to hold the release button until it pops.

rc0224

Ready to race!
Are you holding the hatch button down for a few seconds? I don't have this installed myself yet as the ECS kit is on the way, but I read that you need to hold the release button until it pops.

sweet i gave that a try...and pop it openns thx alot!!! was scare that there is another hundred goes down to drain for nothng =D