GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Front bumper replacement

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
Anyone have any idea what this might cost? Hit a block of ice and it took a chunk out of my bumper. I figured it would be covered under Comp. I called and they said too bad, you hit the ice, you're outa luck.

I've seen bumpers replaced for $400 on other vehicles. Is that out of the realm for what people have paid here got GTIs?

Are there alternate bumper options I could be looking at?

What a pain in the ass.

They did say if I hit a (live) animal it would be covered. I might call back in a couple weeks and tell them I hit a racoon.

Kyle Butler

Ready to race!
Having my front bumper replaced this week.

With labour, paint, etc it was $1500+ cdn. Labour was the real killer though.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
holy crap. And I didn't even realize the matt plastic part was broken too. Think the insurance adjuster would buy that an animal ran out and I hit it? She said the adjuster would be able to tell.

I asked if I hit a dead animal if it would be covered under comp and she said no, only live ones. WTH?

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion
I've taken my bumper off a few times, good chance there's more damage that you won't be able to see until you get it taken apart. Maybe the wheel well liner too.

I wouldn't try to BS the adjuster, but after you get this fixed I would be shopping around for a new insurance carrier...

clownish

just clowning around
In the last two weeks I've seen a few CW complete front bumpers for sale. I also saw a darker one - I don't recall whether it was CSG or UG. Did a fast search, didn't see it in the classifieds anymore. But you might have some luck finding a used bumper and repainting or finding one in your original color. Check here and the Vortex etc.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
Yea I did a quick search and didn't see any bumpers for sale. I see some "replacements" on ebay primered for $175 shipped. Those have to be good quality.

Pothole damage? Not sure if they would buy it. Damage is pretty high up. Plus I don't even live in the city city.

I might swing by a shop on the way home and see what they think.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Yea I did a quick search and didn't see any bumpers for sale. I see some "replacements" on ebay primered for $175 shipped. Those have to be good quality.

Pothole damage? Not sure if they would buy it. Damage is pretty high up. Plus I don't even live in the city city.

I might swing by a shop on the way home and see what they think.

dont need to live in city city, remember you went downtown this weekend to go out with friends to watch the superbowl. Then you hit a really bad pothole in inner city heading home. Yeah i guess pothole damage couldnt hit your bumper...

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
I am just saying I'd have to driver down town then look for something big enough to swallow my car lol. Holy crap, the white car is in a sink hole, not a pot hole lol!

I will see after this next snow. I am in the city often for work so I will keep an eye out.

I am just amazed hitting road debris isn't considered comprehensive.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
lol alright, well goodluck then, if all else fails good to keep in mind.
This year is gonna be pothole autocross fest.

mustache rash

Go Kart Champion
Why the hell wouldn't that be covered? You would have to pay your deductible and that's it.

Say it was hit I a parking lot while you were shopping. Your insurance will not go up since you were not in the car.

Standard stuff man

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
Why the hell wouldn't that be covered? You would have to pay your deductible and that's it.

Say it was hit I a parking lot while you were shopping. Your insurance will not go up since you were not in the car.

Standard stuff man

It is covered under collision. At which point I am at fault and have to pay my huge deductible.

Comprehensive is no fault coverage. If you hit my car and I claimed it, it would be comprehensive. $50 deductible and doesn't count against you.

I questioned windshield damage...which I always thought was comprehensive. She said if I hit a stone that fell off the back of a truck, for instance, it would be collision. If I hit a bird or came out and my windshield was damaged it would be comprehensive.

:iono:

I have Geico. Switch from Allstate a couple years ago because their prices were getting too high. First time calling about a claim though. Not impressed, especially since I am paying a little extra for the low Comp. Ded.