GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: Spyder headlights

dean_park

Ready to race!
I'm sorry. At this point I'd rather not ship outside the US. Paying duties and figuring out the commodity codes, exchange rates, etc..

Just to keep everyone in the loop I've had interest in both sets over PM and I've sent quotes with shipping to people, but I don't have anyone fully committed as far as I can tell. If someone is seriously interested please let me know and I can put you at the top of the list and make them "pending".

asmerrill

Ready to race!
I'm so on the fence about these. Not sure I like the black housing. Man, I can't find these on a CW anywhere on the internet. It's a toss up between these and the dual projector with LED that were on here before...

dean_park

Ready to race!
The original fitment photos were done with a CW GTI.
I just did a google search for "Spyder headlights GTI" and found a couple.

Since all the Golfs and GTIs have a black grille, I personally think this goes well with any color. Considering there is so much black in the stock halogens and the stock projectors, I think these fit well. My co-workers all thought they looked factory (they are former Ford employees, so that could go either way..hahah)

As an update, they are now off the car in their original packaging ready to ship!

Banshee1

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the lights Phil! Should be receiving them today.

RIP335

Go Kart Champion
The original fitment photos were done with a CW GTI.
I just did a google search for "Spyder headlights GTI" and found a couple.

Since all the Golfs and GTIs have a black grille, I personally think this goes well with any color. Considering there is so much black in the stock halogens and the stock projectors, I think these fit well. My co-workers all thought they looked factory (they are former Ford employees, so that could go either way..hahah)

As an update, they are now off the car in their original packaging ready to ship!

That's my ride, I did the test car in city of industry. Question, anyone know how to get rid of the little city lights? I think there's too much going on when the headlights are on.

dean_park

Ready to race!
Replacing them with LEDs (with load resistor) of a similar color may blend them otherwise removing them and a little VCDS to avoid the bulb out error would be the other option. And a more ghetto option would be pull them out of the housing and tape them off so the lights stay on, but they are lighting in the engine bay and not in the housing.
I personally didn't mind them, but I can see how others may find the difference in color to be an issue.

RIP335

Go Kart Champion
Replacing them with LEDs (with load resistor) of a similar color may blend them otherwise removing them and a little VCDS to avoid the bulb out error would be the other option. And a more ghetto option would be pull them out of the housing and tape them off so the lights stay on, but they are lighting in the engine bay and not in the housing.
I personally didn't mind them, but I can see how others may find the difference in color to be an issue.

Lol! I'll do the ghetto option I guess. I just want headlights and LEDs as light sources.

dean_park

Ready to race!
I did just check mine and the little marker is a W5W, which I think someone is selling on here with the load resistor (error canceling) on here.
But yeah, ghetto works!

FlyByGti1

Go Kart Champion
I know your first post was edited to say sold, is the second set still for sale??

Also any pics of the set if they are still available??