GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Godspeed/eBay Catback Exhaust

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
How is that wrong? Without the adjustable bracket, it will be lopsided.

exactly.. because they didnt make it right to begin with.. that hangar should be at a 90 degree angle when done right, not diagonal..

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Do you any pics of that collar ring Installed?

I don't but I posted a pic on a previous post of this thread. IMO, it works better than the typical adjustable strap. POST # 389.... PAGE # 20

Zmedell

exactly.. because they didnt make it right to begin with.. that hangar should be at a 90 degree angle when done right, not diagonal..

Even after reading all the reviews here I was still expecting some flimsy exhaust system that I could bend with minimal effort. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality, decent welds, good bends and nice weight.

The adjustable hanger made it super easy to align the tips easily and quickly. Some might not like the way the hanger looks but it functions well plus who is going to see it, ever. I spent $1,100 on a quality catback for my Genesis last year that required bending every single hanger so the tips would line up properly. This exhaust only needed 1inch cut off the downpipe connection so I could have some adjustment for the tip depth and that was just my personal preference. It would have looked fine without doing any cutting. Don't know how these would hold up on the east coast but I think it will last me a while in this CA weather.

I get what your saying "you get what you pay for" but sometimes when buying those expensive name brand catbacks "you don't get what you pay for". This setup makes me feel like I got a very good deal and that makes this guy a happy camper...:D

Last edited:

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Even after reading all the reviews here I was still expecting some flimsy exhaust system that I could bend with minimal effort. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality, decent welds, good bends and nice weight.

The adjustable hanger made it super easy to align the tips easily and quickly. Some might not like the way the hanger looks but it functions well plus who is going to see it, ever. I spent $1,100 on a quality catback for my Genesis last year that required bending every single hanger so the tips would line up properly. This exhaust only needed 1inch cut off the downpipe connection so I could have some adjustment for the tip depth and that was just my personal preference. It would have looked fine without doing any cutting. Don't know how these would hold up on the east coast but I think it will last me a while in this CA weather.

I get what your saying "you get what you pay for" but sometimes when buying those expensive name brand catbacks "you don't get what you pay for". This setup makes me feel like I got a very good deal and that makes this guy a happy camper...:D

Don't worry about Plac/2013R. He changes parts as often as people change underwear.

Am using this as well, thanks to nvturbo and works like a charm. Been 6 months and once I put it on, haven't had to adjust it at all.

:thumbup:

theunholy

Go Kart Champion

well said indeed, well said.

For the alignment, I asked a exhaust shop to cut the two piece and welded into one, so now it pretty much perfect (and no leaks too!).