GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf 2.5L 2010 DIY Build in Progress.

PrittyCool1

Ready to race!
How do you like the AWE catback? Is it too loud? Car looks great

^ that.

There aren't too many videos on youtube of this exhaust.
I just got a GTI rear valence and will be going down the same road as you. Thanks for the inspiration. :thumbsup:

shadow29

Ready to race!
car looks great man, keep it up! Just was wondering what bulbs your using for your low beams, or did you get a HID conversion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Cooz
^ that.
I just got a GTI rear valence and will be going down the same road as you. Thanks for the inspiration.

I personally witnessed the sound of the exhaust and Its very nice, plus it looks super good.:thumbsup::thumbsup: But the AWE exhaust for the 2.5L sounds louder and more crisp.

If you want a nice tone get this swap.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Been a while since i updated any pics
so here we go

Chrom Glove box handle

APR Intake...cant stop driving my golf since the installation!!!

ppl tends to laugh at it & even takes a pic of them

purchase the Monster mat from the dealer down in the states...way cheaper than here
Sill off Ebay as well as the seat insert!
in case u dont know...i drive a GOLF!

smoke side marker from Parts4Euro

Auto Chrom Euro switch from ECS

Fog light installed as well as switch to yellow bulbs

replace the stock bulbs to 194NA amber bulbs from walmart for sidemaker...looks alot better at night!

try to put the GTI front grill on for few days and i cant get it to sit/fit properly ><

more interior stickers

decided to switch bad to stock grill and remove all trims on the front and side of the cars as well as the side mirrors.

Your bunnies are too small

rc0224

Ready to race!

Love it so far, for me I would said louder than i expect, but met another golf with the 2.5L catback which is louder than mine, but i dont regret it since i am going for the GTI rear look!!

car looks great man, keep it up! Just was wondering what bulbs your using for your low beams, or did you get a HID conversion?

Thanks, & yup i got a HID conversion 6000K one!! now waiting for the replica headlight, that way i can stop blinding ppl =D

hey wondering where you got the carbon fiber diffuser

I got the one from Ioffer (the one from china) where ppl were saying that it doesnt fit at all, and some do, so i took my chance.
& end up triming all the clips at the back to make it snag on; however, overrall length a bit short so it didnt line up on each end. BUT PPL CANT REALLY TELL UNLESS I TOLD THEM ABOUT IT!!!
additional information, my shop didnt remove the bumper, so maybe thats why it wont line up correctly in the first place who knows :confused:

^ that.

I just got a GTI rear valence and will be going down the same road as you. Thanks for the inspiration. :thumbsup:

lol np, glad to know that im making others spending more money :thumbup:

Your bunnies are too small
lol, i dont want Too much attendation, still need to pick up girls and not hving them know what im about to do.......JKJK :laugh:

rc0224

Ready to race!
:w00t:

I like the in-car video!

You mentioned it was less loud than the 2.5 exhaust, but is it the same tone/deep sound?

My only reference video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5-Xzx7qpuY

me and Vancity2Constantinople we have both sat in the one member's car with the 2.5 exhaust, and yup mine was less louder, but i still like the sound of my tone that is deep enough for me. Dont regret it at all since I really want to GTI rear look and the carbon fiber fits good unless you look closely =D

Vancity2Constantinople can back me up on the sounds =D

:w00t:

I like the in-car video!

You mentioned it was less loud than the 2.5 exhaust, but is it the same tone/deep sound?

My only reference video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5-Xzx7qpuY

they don't sound the same on higher rpm's due to the different piping that Rc0 asked AWE to make. Each CB AWE makes is custom for every customer, so you might have different perspective of what you hear. In the end, do what you like best, but watching videos are not the same as hearing it in person. I personally prefer the left side dual tip AWE exhaust, sounds more suitable than the GTI one.

rc0224

Ready to race!
Koni Yellow shocks w H&R Springs installed, now my car no longer looks like like a truck nor SUV, just a Golf with tiny wheels =D

Last edited:

alsantiago77

did the apr intake give you an engine light?

rc0224

Ready to race!
Been pouring outside as usual here in Vancouver, got a day off today since it's my birthday =D decided to do one of the mod that has been put on hold for a while "Euro Cup Holder"

2 Hrs later....im stuck...cant seems to remove the last 2 screws thats holding the old cup in place -_-
Now its sitting like this @@

Lunch break & hope I can get this done before i head out tonight :(