GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf GTI 35 Edition

Golf GTI 35 Girl

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi all,

Well I'll plead guilty to one charge of idiotically believing a car salesman and announcing it on a car forum!! As some of you probably guessed, the car was not there when I went for valuation today.

I ended up expressing my disappointment to the sales manager who apologised on behalf of one of his junior employees. He wasn't sure where the kid got his info from and said he didn't have an exact date for delivery. He did conform the car was listed as landed (in country) and that if it wasn't sitting on a dock in Port Kembla then it was more likely in a holding yard somewhere awaiting transportation to them. He emailed the stock controller while I was with him and promised to call me as soon as he heard back. Not impressed!

@Golda, I also got a crap valuation (another case of foot in mouth!!) so carsales.com for me too! For anyone who knows of a potential buyer for a silver 08 MKV GTI with DSG, check out the for sale thread.

Will keep you all posted if I hear anything else.

Matt

Hey Matt,

Well I got a text message (yes a text - couldn't pick up the phone for a $50k+ new client) and was told it will be here next Monday the 26th September. Now having read all this new information (for some reason I haven't been getting my thread emails) that this will be wrong also?

I have to say the delay is suiting me because I still haven't sold my car after 3 weeks, 3 websites, magazine and stickers! And I've priced it under value. I'm getting worried...

G

Golf GTI 35 Girl

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry about that. I've become a bit of an option fanboy.

My car however is really needed. If it makes you feel a little better im currently driving a 98 corolla seca!!!!!...granny green :( . No radio

Duster! LOL @ granny green...aww you must be so excited. I'm excited for you! Good on you for doing it right!

Golf Punk

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey Matt,

Well I got a text message (yes a text - couldn't pick up the phone for a $50k+ new client) and was told it will be here next Monday the 26th September. Now having read all this new information (for some reason I haven't been getting my thread emails) that this will be wrong also?

I have to say the delay is suiting me because I still haven't sold my car after 3 weeks, 3 websites, magazine and stickers! And I've priced it under value. I'm getting worried...

G

Sounds familiar. I cant even get anyone to return my calls, I would have thought this kind of sale isn't an everyday occurrence, I mean we all know VW is doing well but it sure doesn't reflect the poor service across the country! Maybe they're just sick of all of us calling them for info, if thats the case then how about being a bit more transparent and proactive, customer service isn't rocket science!

I'm about to update my ad for my MKV this weekend, I know how you feel Golda, I can feel the pressure rising. My car is the cheapest 08 on carsales and has an extended warranty, I haven't even had a single enquiry!!

Good luck and patience to all, ciao for now. :iono:

aussie_FSI

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Not long to go now hopefully!

Can't really blame the dealers, if anyone it's VW Australia. They still haven't officially released it

Golf Punk

Passed Driver's Ed
For what it's worth I just heard from my dealer and they reckon it will be there "end of next week", I won't believe a word until they can tell me it is sitting before their very eyes.

TomTom

New to the forum - my Sydney dealer told me the VWA announcement is this week and the 35 would be avilable next week to be picked up

Golf Punk

Passed Driver's Ed
My dealer said this afternoon a CW has been delivered but it's not mine, no date on mine yet! Anyone looking for one should get onto Nepean Motors ASAP, the CW was taken but the finance fell thru and they were prepping it for the yard today. I think it is stock - no options, not sure about transmission. They're pretty close now people!

Golf GTI 35 Girl

Passed Driver's Ed
Yep - same here - went to dealer today, I'm in Perth but the line they gave me was 'train strike' then 'give it one more week'. Whatever. Golf Punk and I have a wager going...it'll be a miracle if it gets here before you guys get it on the East Coast though...

Still trying to sell my MINT condition Lancer Ralliart Evo...no luck privately but a dealer wants to come and check it out on Thursday. He's driving an hour to see it so I'm thinking that's promising??

I'm dying to know who of is will get their hands on theirs first!!!

TomTom

Yep - same here - went to dealer today, I'm in Perth but the line they gave me was 'train strike' then 'give it one more week'. Whatever. Golf Punk and I have a wager going...it'll be a miracle if it gets here before you guys get it on the East Coast though...

Still trying to sell my MINT condition Lancer Ralliart Evo...no luck privately but a dealer wants to come and check it out on Thursday. He's driving an hour to see it so I'm thinking that's promising??

I'm dying to know who of is will get their hands on theirs first!!!

I,m in Sydney - announcement allegedly by VWA this Friday with deliveries next week