GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R from Quebec city

lemarin

Ready to race!
Here's mine, like every Canadian R, 4 doors, manual, and fully loaded.

Mods:

So far, only the 19's wheel, running Michelin Pilot Supersport 235/35ZR19, tinted windows, Gentex autodimming mirror with home link, and OEM blind spot mirrors (aspheric). For winter: OEM 17" Anthracite Goal wheel, running Nokian hakkapellita 7 studded and weathertech mats.

Ordered: Euro R switch, with auto feature / light sensor, Euro Tail with rear fog, Golf R seat inserts, Mojo Golf R carpet mat, and probably an Unitronic stage 1 within few weeks.

Enjoy !

ottwabbit

Ready to race!
Beautiful colour. I like the wheels a lot too.

Nice to see another Canadian R on the forums. Is it a 2012 or 2013?

How are the roads in Ville de Quebec? As bad as Montreal? Any plans to lower it?

lemarin

Ready to race!
Hi and thanks for the positive comments vdubbing. The car is 2012, with 15k km on her. I just add the wheel setup yesterday to the car. Honestly, I like the way the 235/35ZR19 fits in to fill the hole, so for the look, for me, there's no need of drop of any kind. And from my previous experience with my TDI (1.5" drop), I prefer to stay stock for the winter time, especially.

The roads are not much better around here: you must constantly keep an eye on what's in front of you to make sure you don't hit a bump....

GTItheIllest

Ready to race!
WHAT are the name of those 19's in the picture?!

lemarin

Ready to race!
Nice ride! Can't wait to get mine, I hope 2013 will get here in Quebec before winter.

Congrats ! What color did you choose ? It looks like we're probably 3 in Quebec city with the rising blue, but mine was originally sold in Trois-Rivières.

Also, there's one that was a complete lost in Beauce...in an accident with 2 SUV's.

@GTItheIllest: these are "Glendale" OEM VW wheel, part number 5K0 601 025 AB AX1

19" x 7.5" ET 51mm

And I put 235/35ZR19 since the European R wears that size. That's little bit bigger than what it should be for the speedo/odo (225/35R19), but it fills better the wheel's hole, and is slightly more comfortable on the "superb" Canadian's road (I'm sarcastic here loll).

ottwabbit

Ready to race!
Nice ride! Can't wait to get mine, I hope 2013 will get here in Quebec before winter.

Again, OP. I absolutely LOVE the setup you have.

I have a 2013 Rising Blue R on order here in Ottawa, and I was told by my dealer that I should be taking delivery sometime mid-October...

Just in time to get the winter tires on :)

ottwabbit

Ready to race!
lemarin, your avatar is an S4 one... did you own an S4 before, and how does switch to R feel after that car? S4 was one of my options before I choose to order my R...

lemarin

Ready to race!
I still have my S4. In fact, I need a car for the job only (the R) and my 2011 S4 is my personal car.

The S4 is different than the R. The S4 is very, very quick, much faster than the R, but not too much harder on gas. The Supercharged V6, pull from 2000 RPM to the redline.

It's more isolated from the road, more quiet inside. The optional 13 speakers, bang & Olufsen is a way better than the Dynaudio in the R, and the brakes are the best I've ever seen, even better than the 14" Brembo on my Shelby. But remember the S4 (mine has 15000$ of option, over the base model), is almost twice the price of an R. So you have more, but you pay more as well....

pdxa4

Longtime VW/Audi owner
Beautiful car, congrats...

oneill

Congrats ! What color did you choose ? It looks like we're probably 3 in Quebec city with the rising blue, but mine was originally sold in Trois-Rivières.

Also, there's one that was a complete lost in Beauce...in an accident with 2 SUV's.

@GTItheIllest: these are "Glendale" OEM VW wheel, part number 5K0 601 025 AB AX1

19" x 7.5" ET 51mm

And I put 235/35ZR19 since the European R wears that size. That's little bit bigger than what it should be for the speedo/odo (225/35R19), but it fills better the wheel's hole, and is slightly more comfortable on the "superb" Canadian's road (I'm sarcastic here loll).

Rising Blue. I saw a Red one on Grand Allée and there's a black one at Val-Cartier. Pretty hard to find :laugh:

lemarin

Ready to race!
If you look on the total of R sold in Canada, there's only 28 Tornado Red in the whole country, out of the 500 R....

sup_lado

Ready to race!
Here's mine, like every Canadian R, 4 doors, manual, and fully loaded.

Mods:

So far, only the 19's wheel, running Michelin Pilot Supersport 235/35ZR19, tinted windows, Gentex autodimming mirror with home link, and OEM blind spot mirrors (aspheric). For winter: OEM 17" Anthracite Goal wheel, running Nokian hakkapellita 7 studded and weathertech mats.

Ordered: Euro R switch, with auto feature / light sensor, Euro Tail with rear fog, Golf R seat inserts, Mojo Golf R carpet mat, and probably an Unitronic stage 1 within few weeks.

Enjoy !

very nice. glad to see another blue car on the other side of canada. like the wheels. can't wait to get mine. have to decide but i will get the PSS tires.