GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GolfR1031/ChippedGTIs Farewell

GolfR1031

Ready to race!
Well guys I have opted to leave the VW scene again. You guys probably remember be best under my former forum name "ChippedGTI." I had a 2008 MKV GTI lease which I traded in for a 2010 MK6 GTI and thats really when I became a VW enthusiast and heavily active on the forums. I sold the MK6 for a 2013 GMC Sierra and just couldnt get used to driving a huge truck and spending so much on gas so within 3 months of ownership I sold the GMC Sierra and bought a Golf R in August of 2013. I recently graduated from college and got a position at a healthcare company in Downtown and felt the Golf R was making me look like too much of a child in the hatch. So I started exploring options and ultimately bought a 2015 Lexus IS 350 F Sport in Ultra White with Rioja Red Interior. Completely different to all the other cars I have had. I really just wanted an elegant sports car and believe that this was the perfect car for that. I have learned a ton on the forums and appreciate all the advice a lot of you have given me. I will still lurk around but I think this is my departure from VW for a while. Thanks for all the great conversations, arguments, and trolling it will not be forgotten! Here are some pics of the former and present car!

zipsled

Ready to race!
Nice Lexus.
Finally they have made an effort to pursue the enthusiastic driver. Too long has Lexus been the stand-by for the lux-o-boat buyer...the F-type line at least gives those of us who really enjoy driving fast reason to consider Lexus without having to drop over $70K.
You will enjoy the IS.

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
At least you got the IS350, and not the IS250. That is rubbish. I went through the exact scenario as you. Except I was in an 2006 Audi A3. At the age of 35, I felt the A3 made me look too young and boy racer-ish. So I sold it and bought an Infiniti G37 sedan. I wanted a bigger, more luxury car. But after 4 yrs, i sold it and came back to a GTI. I learned that it doesn't matter what others may think or perceive by the car I drive. I wanted to drive what I liked and what makes me happy.

Jhayesvw

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm 39 and I don't feel the hatch makes me look young.hatches are practical.
But to each their own. Enjoy your new car.

SyDiko

Ready to race!
You are either a millionaire or completely crazy, Lexus look good, not a big fan of them my self though.

Personally I wouldn't buy one either, but Lexus has some pretty decent lease deals on the IS 350 here in the US. You'd be looking at ~$500/month if you don't put anything down. If you haggle, you can probably get it for $450 @ 15k miles per year.

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
Good luck with your new job & new car. Plenty of old guys drive hatchbacks & Lexus' are sometimes driven by young guys, although around here they are cars preferred by the retirement set. I don't understand why you felt the need to change cars? But folks have to do what they feel is right for them. Once again good luck to you.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
If you haggle, you can probably get it for $450 @ 15k miles per year.

But....it's a Lexus........so...... ;) :D

OP, do you like white? I am just guessing? :)

GolfR1031

Ready to race!
Thank you all for the kind words! It wasnt really the hatch I guess I mean maybe if the car was stock it wouldnt be as bad but lowered on wheels with a catless exhaust I was getting funny looks in my garage at work. I was tired too of driving stick shift every day in 1 hour rush hour commute like i said the Lexus is just so comfortable. SyDiko you are 100 pecent correct they wanted 550+tax with 1,000 down and I haggled them down to 450 out the door with taxes only 1000 down. Vroomer I am not a millionare quite the contrary actually lol just a kid that was fortunate to have parents that helped me out a lot but now that im graduated and earning money im on my own! And finally SyDiko again it is the RWD version

GolfR1031

Ready to race!
But....it's a Lexus........so...... ;) :D

OP, do you like white? I am just guessing? :)

All 5 vehicles I have owned have been white... you caught me :D

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Congrats on the new ride. Eventually, I will move out of a GTI and get something more of luxury again. My wife nags about why I'm driving a hatchback because it's for younger drivers. LoL

Rascal

Ready to race!
Damn, I'm 51 and drive a modded GTI....and don't feel at all bad about it. If one day I drive an SUV or pickup just shoot me in the head, it's over.

robeeeerob

Go Kart Champion
At least you got the IS350, and not the IS250. That is rubbish. I went through the exact scenario as you. Except I was in an 2006 Audi A3. At the age of 35, I felt the A3 made me look too young and boy racer-ish. So I sold it and bought an Infiniti G37 sedan. I wanted a bigger, more luxury car. But after 4 yrs, i sold it and came back to a GTI. I learned that it doesn't matter what others may think or perceive by the car I drive. I wanted to drive what I liked and what makes me happy.

This.

After finishing college in 2009, I really had my heart set on getting a 3 series BMW (328i coupe, to be exact). Really wanted to get a more "grown up car" at that time, and keep up with the Jones's (specifically, my very successful friends who were the same age and driving nice entry-level luxury cars and making more money than me, lol). Did more research, and soul searching... and ultimately decided on a brand new GTI in 2013 instead. Glad I went this route :)

But hey, to each his or her own. Congrats on the upgrade!!! :w00t: