GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GolNat's Build Thread - 13' GTI 6MT Coupe K04

Chisel_86

Go Kart Champion
Mine came from StitchBoots. Etsy has some too that might be thinner.
Yeah I found the StitchBoots one. Looks real nice. I just looked and the one I found on Etsy uses factory material, which is great but maybe thick as well... Also Etsy ones are more $$ right now.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Liquid power 💥

53EA1DA6-F94D-4AFB-A5EA-9DD04D302A19.jpeg

DG Shifter

D52CDE18-A679-4A35-A9DE-BF29E55438EC.jpeg

Gonna do a carbon cleaning before the WMI. Also need to get an Accessport so I can get a custom tune from Stratified or Sneaky. Still need to instal my intercooler also. The shifter might go on soon tho going from 2nd to 3rd can be a little rough when in a hurry.

torga

Autocross Champion
You're gonna love that shifter! It's gonna make you want to put the rest of the bushings in lol

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Haven't messed with the car much or really driven it since it has gotten cold. I did discover oil seeping out of my boost gauge line and the inline filter is filled with oil. Might be time to replace the PCV.

Just moved into a new house. Smaller garage but still doable. There is extra space in the basement for a separate shop area so I can move a lot of my none car related tools down there. Once the weather warms up I will get back to improving the GTI. Garage needs some TLC first. Better lighting, work bench, and some organizing.

F2B808B0-0EC8-4263-9340-D453ECBBA2A6.jpeg

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I’ve been slacking on the build thread. Haven’t done much to the car just keeping it clean and enjoying driving it.

Did add some lighting to the garage a few months ago. Only did half still need to do the back half.

26EE6571-30AF-49DB-A9CF-030C8354FEE6.jpeg

Was getting miss fire’s a few weeks ago. Replaced the coil packs with APR ones snd the plugs with new NGK’s. Coil packs are really nice and the car is back to running nice and smooth. No more back fires and stuttering when on boost.

3EBC032D-8DE8-4AFF-8C41-FC1DB13D172E.jpeg

I bought my original R8 coils from FCP Euro 2 years ago so I packed them up and shipped them back for my lifetime warranty refund. Cost me $10 to ship them on Monday and by Thursday they refunded me the cost of the APR ones (which were more money) 🤘🤘. Awesome program they have.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Paid her off!

Now I just need to fix or sell the wagon and I’ll be car payment free. I’m going to try and see if I can sell it and not have to fix it.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Finally got around to installing the Unitronic intercooler. Had to basically take off the front of the car. Everything fit up nicely and heat soak is greatly reduced. Also installed a larger throttle pipe (intercooler exit to throttle body). Have one more pipe to do and that’s the one after the turbo to the intercooler.

Great upgrade! Feels like a cool fall night all the time now. Got to try it out in some 90 degree weather and powered stayed consistent and when it cooled off flike it was increased.

Also did an oil change. Redline 5W-40 and Mann OEM filter.

8B890CB1-E22A-4332-AE36-36BAECF2B20F.jpeg

Had to cut the mounting bracket for the throttle pipe as it pushed the pipe too close to the fans.

98A5A518-54DF-4277-84A6-6E5048B664E7.jpeg

Also sold the wagon 🙌. Now the Prelude is in her new spot.

2824D353-61C7-4AEC-B39C-6C54EC82CCDD.jpeg

GolNat

Autocross Champion

Chisel_86

Go Kart Champion
Don’t remember but if there was a GTI option I would have selected that. Took some finagling to get it to fit.
Yours is the "universal" version. The GTI version uses only two panels like the factory one, whereas the universal one uses four.

*EDIT* Just kidding, yours actually is the GTI version after looking closer.