GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Got My Golf R a Month now

wilobach

Rally man
Ive had the new car a month now

So to start off as i walked into the dealership me and my misses were looking for the car but could not find it so we went into the show room and there it was at centere place slap bang in the midle of the showroom with a couple of people looking at it strange lol all was kind of unreal realy but i deffo had a big grin
The wheel combo in the pictures dont do it any justice realy they look amazing better than i emagend, as fore the misses who hated them originaly loves them now as the dealer said he had mixed responces about them and about 8/10 liked them
As for the dinaudio option what a diference to the standard set as i got to test a RCD500 and RCD500 Dynaudio with my ipod = loud noise outside of showroom lol
Some neet touches in the car are the lights under the dash (leg area) which are dimable,
blue/white dials are crisp and clear doors open efortlessly and smooth for heavy doors and a big pluss to the mk5 no dash squeaks, just to note a ffew
On the out side mine had the little black plastick ad on things on the wheel arches not to sure whether to leave them on or take em off, the led running lights are realy bright and stand out clearly, the rar led look very distinctive and sholuld be spoted a mile away and say its an R wel at least for now

For the drive home it was 250 miles in the end, and i got 33 mpg out of the car on mixed roads an trafic, the car does pull very well and power low down is good
It has a some sort of induction noise coming through (possible noise pipe?)gets a bit anoying on motorways, there is a deep exhaust note at low revs and dump valve gush which you can clearly hear,and a suden note change at 3800 rpm to a deeper note
the wind nise on the doors were not present as others found, a for road handeling wel all i can say its firmly planted to the ground even on the very wet roads high speeds and cros winds on the way home through the motorways a roads and b roads
The ride qualaty whith tehj 19" wheels were as near as damit to my old gti whith 18" wheels so no real need for acc for me

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
Sweet car! I am still very jealous that we don't get it on this side of the pond yet...

Maybe a sign for me to move over to the UK? I do have a Commonwealth (Canadian) passport so at least I can find a job there easier, haha.

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!
whoa what kind of rims are they. i like them a lot!

Diego Armando

Go Kart Champion
I want to make sweet sweet loving to this car.

gonna go rub one out

brb