GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

gti 6 R20 south africa

wildcars

Ready to race!
Ordering and speccing starts in Nov/Dec 2010.

First batch of R arriving in March/April 2011.

Last edited:

Red Devil1

It is on the Boat

No pricing available for SA as yet. Availability expected in the last week of March.

My Sales Exec tells me that there's 1 Guy waiting for his and it is apparently on the Boat to SA:w00t: I just want to See the damn car when it gets here...:drool:

Belix

Passed Driver's Ed
Local VW says only 20 or so marked for RSA, seems very little.
Dealers wants R50K deposit without even knowing base price, what standard spec is etc. Seems we might Aussie spec 188KW version :confused:
Ouch...
First units (probably test mills) seen in Uitenhage.

Red Devil1

Dealers wants R50K deposit without even knowing base price, what standard spec is etc. Seems we might Aussie spec 188KW version :confused:
Ouch...

Only 188Kw?? :mad0259:

Red Devil1

Ouch...

Only 188Kw?? :mad0259:

Yosh

Well they have surfaced in numbers :) We at Unitronic have already started flashing the local ones

noname1

Ready to race!
I priced out an R on the VW South Africa website, was very suprised to see how expensive they are (even the GTI) when I convert the Rand to Cdn$.

I was born and raised in Pietermaritzburg and now live in Calgary Alberta Canada, and I am trying to get my hands on a number plate (NP registration) and mounting bracket for my 2012 CW GTI I have on order.

noname1

Ready to race!
Looking for both a plate and a holder.
I would love something from PMB to have a piece of home with me, would not really care if it were the old yellow / black style or the new blue / white style.

Yosh

Will try get you one bru! Will send it up to my bru who is Commissioner at the SA High Commission in Ottawa; can you make a plan to get it from him?