GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gti Hit in Boston. help???

Big Nate

Ok so I bought my new Fast 2011 CSG DSG 4door AutoBahn like 3 weeks ago.I was staying over a friends house in Brighton, MA and i parked my car on a proper space on the street. I wake up, go to the car and find THIS (pics below). FML. I haven't even hit 1k miles yet . do you think the bumper can be saved? i think its ok, only a little bit of the clips are gone. how much is a new side mirror gonna cost me?

ps. any boston gti's out there? i know i saw a coupe less than a block away parked.

any more pic requests will be considered:23:

there is an exact post like this on
http://myfastgti.com/volkswagen/threads/13866-Gti-Hit-in-Boston.-help?highlight=boston

ps. i know a member called sixten is in the area, would like to talk if possible

Attachments

• up to 2.1.11 103.jpg
    up to 2.1.11 103.jpg
    400.5 KB · Views: 315
  • up to 2.1.11 102.jpg
    up to 2.1.11 102.jpg
    398.8 KB · Views: 277
  • up to 2.1.11 106.jpg
    up to 2.1.11 106.jpg
    395.5 KB · Views: 285

O-III

Ready to race!
Wow that sucks! Looks almost like vandalism rather than a hit. How would someone hit the rear bumper and the mirror without touching the doors? Bumper looks like someone jumped on the outside corner.

FeatherRuffler

Ready to race!
Damn, I got a friend I visit in Brighton too... I'm always worried about my car when I park there. Just kind of a sketchy area. She lives down near the police station and she got mugged on her walk home less than a mile from it.

Sucks man. I second the vandalism theory, bumper doesn't look to have a scratch on it? weird.

pure_lunatic

Ready to race!
Wow that sucks! Looks almost like vandalism rather than a hit. How would someone hit the rear bumper and the mirror without touching the doors? Bumper looks like someone jumped on the outside corner.

Agree..

After a closer look that's either a 1 in 1,000,000 hit and run or plain old vandalism imo.

Antonio Monteiro

Ready to race!
Wowww!!! I would be going crazy to see my Car like that... You are better off claiming to your insurance Vandalism, most likely you will loss your deductable.

Big Nate

so i claimed it today and they're gonna do an appraisal of the car tommorow. hopefully this nightmare will be over by monday. I found where it was hit. its on the lower part right next to the exhaust where it is detached. bumper was not saveable, the screws where still connected to the piece that was attached to the bumper. Oh well SH.

@MegTi thats funny y friend lives off of the police station as well. next to the green line where Sabatino's Pizza is. Agree it is sketchy. then again i live in JP and thats pretty bad (although it has gotten loads better) nice to know there are local users :)

FeatherRuffler

Ready to race!
so i claimed it today and they're gonna do an appraisal of the car tommorow. hopefully this nightmare will be over by monday. I found where it was hit. its on the lower part right next to the exhaust where it is detached. bumper was not saveable, the screws where still connected to the piece that was attached to the bumper. Oh well SH.

@MegTi thats funny y friend lives off of the police station as well. next to the green line where Sabatino's Pizza is. Agree it is sketchy. then again i live in JP and thats pretty bad (although it has gotten loads better) nice to know there are local users :)

Know exactly where you are talkin about. She lives off Washington near a pizza place. I've walked to that green line stop many a time... Now this is gunna get really creepy cuz one of my best friends lives in JP and its one of the safest areas I've ever been (bad reputation which I'm sure some areas deserve). Theres like a mansion right next to his house. Lives on Dunster Rd. donno if that rings a bell. Actually wait... I've seen a CW GTI always parked in town and there is actually a Black/Possibly CSG? mk6 GTI on his street haha! please tell me that is your car.

Big Nate

@MeGti I've seen a car parked next to Jelly's coffee shop, think mk4 mk5? dnt rlly remember, its off of centre st. i'm actually over here in Mozart. im sure you've heard a lil about this hood lmao. i think jp has an old reputation, it needs to get a lil renewed, only the teens here that "rep" their streets have rival gang fights. thats like >1% the population. everyone else is pretty chill. i have a csg mk6 2011, not even 30 days with it and this happens. oh well. your {insert cars name here} should meet my genesis. :)

FeatherRuffler

Ready to race!
no lol my car's named genesis when it's quiet, but it's goliath when the boost kicks in. S/he's a tranny ;)

Ok, that's what I figured at first but I didn't want to say my car's name is The Feather Ruffler and have you be like.... that's great..... so does it want to meet my hyundai genesis. haha

FeatherRuffler

Ready to race!
haha god damn it! you had to name your car after another car that is a 2.0t to confuse me. Thought you may have had 2 cars (perhaps modded your genesis out and wanted to race). From my understanding those genesis' are pretty sweet. But I digress.

To get back on topic yea, I've got a gti, its name is the feather ruffler.. (enjoy ruffling peoples feather with it). You planning on doing any modding to your ride?

SirFlux

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry man :-/. Someone hit my car in November and I had to claim it as a hit and run. I know how you feel.

I have a friend that lives in Alston, I don't like going to his place simply because of the parking situation out there.

(BTW, I bought my car from Wellesley VW as well, was a pretty decent experience. I specifically told them that I did not want their sticker on my car haha)