GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI makes MT's "top ten coolest steering wheels" list

hrdboiled

Passed Driver's Ed
Not that it means a whole lot, but we are on the same list with Lamborghini, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Bentley, Porsche. haha

check it out here

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
Its one of the things that drew me even more to this car, now Im not the only one to think that its streering wheel is awesome lol.

mhan79

I completely agree! The steering wheel, along with the steering feel of the GTI basically sold me on the car. It is very sporty, very thick with leather and practical. The flat bottom also adds to the sporty feel.

The importance of the steering wheel cannot be overstated, it's basically the one part of the car that you feel/touch/use all of the time. That being said, the design of the wheel along with the great steering/handling of the car, place the MkVI GTI in a league of it's own.

r56mcs

Ready to race!
GTI steering wheel has the best design in the world. That Lambo wheel is just weird looking.

rigti9

Ready to race!
<3 the steering wheel. Tops most others on that list, too! At least from the photos and knowing how much I love mine.

ShahulX

Ready to race!
yea its nice... probably the best stock wheel Ive seen...trumps the one in my $80k GTR...wish it was flat bottom...

the ONLY thing I dont like are the small levers on the back if you choose the DSG...should be larger and column mounted...(hard to keep track when taking corners...) its a German thing I guess as VW/Audi is like that, BMW too... Ferrari, Mitsu, Nissan got that right

I'll get used to it i guess

rigti9

Ready to race!
yea its nice... probably the best stock wheel Ive seen...trumps the one in my $80k GTR...wish it was flat bottom...

the ONLY thing I dont like are the small levers on the back if you choose the DSG...should be larger and column mounted...(hard to keep track when taking corners...) its a German thing I guess as VW/Audi is like that, BMW too... Ferrari, Mitsu, Nissan got that right

I'll get used to it i guess

I agree... but you can buy those extensions from ECS. I may invest.

Mk6golfer

Ready to race!
Oh its the best I've seen, probably ever. The others in that list either look boring or look like a Logitech gaming wheel

JCS-2.0T

Ready to race!
When you sit in the GTI for the first time and grab the steering wheel, you know you are touching greatness. Before you even turn the key you are expecting something special from the driving experience just because of that wheel. I am not at all surprised its on the list. I literally feel like I'm driving a car worth thousands more everytime I grab that thing.

Fanboi gushing done. Gotta go for a drive :)

Basil_Fawlty

Ready to race!
Not that it means a whole lot, but we are on the same list with Lamborghini, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Bentley, Porsche. haha

check it out here

This totally rocks, and I of course love the steering wheel too, I was also drawn to the car by it as well, plus the DSG.

The steering wheel may also come in handy in another way, being so attractive and cool and all that it is, and me being a guy who doesn't sport cleavage and a nice rack to distract the police officer with, perhaps the steering wheel can let me off a speeding ticket? :iono:

jgs5607

Ready to race!
It is a pleasure to hold. It just feels right, no easy way to describe it. The only improvement I can think of is the placement of the various control buttons on the wheel. Others have done that better and more intuitive (when you don't have to look, you know it was done right) with shapes and placements

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!
i love how the bugatti only got honorable mention. mwahaha